Skullcandy Headphones
Aug 2, 2009 at 6:06 AM Post #47 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spraj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're picking at my statement rather than addressing my actual points. I exaggerated, sure, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy music at lower bit rates through off-brand headphones. I just prefer to hear it at a higher quality.

True, I was picking at your statement, but I was also simultaneously addressing the underlying point you were making. Perhaps I just wasn't explicit enough about it. I apologize.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrOutside /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So you're telling me you were humming music to yourself before you got your first decent setup and finally decided "I want to hear music"? That's pretty Catchy. **** off.

Speaking of picking at statements without catching the true meaning of them... BTW, did I offend you in some way, or did your dog just die?

Aug 2, 2009 at 6:11 AM Post #48 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by joincoolkidclub /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can't we all just enjoy the music?

Sure!
darthsmile.gif

Aug 2, 2009 at 6:33 AM Post #49 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by applaudio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
True, I was picking at your statement, but I was also simultaneously addressing the underlying point you were making. Perhaps I just wasn't explicit enough about it. I apologize.

Speaking of picking at statements without catching the true meaning of them... BTW, did I offend you in some way, or did your dog just die?

Hypocrisy, thy name is applaudio. Think it through, you might figure it out.

Aug 2, 2009 at 6:59 AM Post #50 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spraj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hypocrisy, thy name is applaudio. Think it through, you might figure it out.

Oh, I get it!

...You're calling me a hypocrite... in an indirect manner... nice job.

This is where I would normally try to calm things down, but I'd just be called a hypocrite, so I won't bother. Have fun!
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 2, 2009 at 9:21 AM Post #54 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by applaudio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would there even be any music to listen to? Muddled noise isn't music. That's where high bitrate files, good sources, and good headphones come in.

You'd be surprised... 8kb/s is pushing it, but convert some to 24/32 kb/s and it still sounds like music
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 2, 2009 at 11:47 AM Post #55 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by paaj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You'd be surprised... 8kb/s is pushing it, but convert some to 24/32 kb/s and it still sounds like music
smily_headphones1.gif

I'll take your word for it.
smile.gif

Aug 2, 2009 at 12:03 PM Post #56 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by b0oMeR /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't think anyone should buy earphone/headphones that are less than $200. I mean you owe it to yourself to preserve your ears. Somethings can be cheap and somethings cannot. Earphones is one of em.

That has to be one of the most nonsensical statements I've ever read. So unless you can afford to pay $200, on headphones you are denied listening to music. Great idea. I recently bought MS-1i for only $110 so I am denied access to music in your utopia.

People can be irresponsible with their property or themselves regardless of the cost you define. If people want to listen to music at a certain level that's their personal decision and if that only affects them why should it concern you?

Back on topic.
Skullcandy are successful at what they do, they don't try make high quality audio devices, they appeal to the style over function brigade (think of a Lamborghini Diablo body kit over a Flintstones car). I have owned several Skullcandy models, ink'd, full metal jacket and GI and even though I am not a serious audiophile I knew they weren't great sound-wise.

I further learned through experience that SC build quality was not all there. If I knew then what I now know I would have steered clear of them and avoided them but that was part of my audiophile journey.

Perhaps in a few more years I will want to see what my first tentative steps were in that journey and yearn for those by-gone days of old. I might purchase a pair of SC just to relive the first closed cans I had. And as I sit there listening to my 1tb ipod nano, thinking of my youth, my mind will say "OMG, you stupid ****, what were you thinking? These are rubbish!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back