Skullcandy Grind Wireless - a surprise diamond in the rough
Mar 14, 2019 at 7:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

drdiem

Head-Fier
Hi folks,

I'm steeling myself to get flamed into oblivion here, but just had to post. The headline is that I'm shocked to say that the Skullcandy Grind Wireless have an even-ness of tone nearly on par with the venerable HD600. No, this is not a troll-post, I'm serious.

I was looking for a pair of on-ear 'phones to use with my cellphone. I was killing time at a mall and noticed that the headphones on display at The Source had a 3.5mm jack to plug in your own music. Every pair of the usual suspects (Beats, Sony, Skullcandy, etc.) had hilariously overblown bass, as we'd expect. Then I tried the Grind Wireless and my laughter evaporated. They sounded actually good. Reasonably extended but controlled bass, sweet highs, and wonderfully-integrated mids. I tried song after song and couldn't trip them up; bought a pair on the spot.

They were only $120 Canadian, and the icing on the cake is that though they're Bluetooth they have a 3.5mm jack as well!

I know, I sound like a shill, but I promise I'm posting because this brand would obviously never get a look-in on this site and these phones surprised me that much. No their soundstage is nothing at all special and they can get confused by more complex passages, but that tone! Get a listen and tell me what you think.

Dec 26, 2019 at 2:58 AM Post #3 of 3
Hi, I also own these cans, much better than the Superlux HD668B.
Compared to my Sennheiser HD 25SP there's not much in it, I must try them in wired mode, they may sound even better.
They do leak sound, not to much to be intrusive but they are a nice sounding pair of cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back