Skullcandy coming to Singapore?
Sep 9, 2008 at 4:11 AM Post #31 of 68
Dude,

just go to Jaben at Adelphi... its like the best place for audiophile in singapore..

I went there & tried out PK1, PK2 & PK3 ...all just own skullcandy.

when it comes to Headphones... looks are the last priority.

Sep 9, 2008 at 5:14 AM Post #32 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dakins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guys c'mon, stop bashing SkullCandy. Who cares if they don't sound as good as $4000 heaphones? They look great and they get me laid. That's right. Chicks dig SkullCandies.

I use a Koss porta pro, which costs $40 (Canada), and that sounded 4X as better than their Lowriders. Their IEMs were somewhat decent, but still not worth what you pay for in retail stores in Canada.

Also, you wear headphones to get laid, more than to enjoy music? Seems like a waste......

Sep 9, 2008 at 5:38 AM Post #33 of 68
jaben is overrated and overpriced IMO. ok maybe not overrated for the really high end stuff, but i will still maintain that everything there is overpriced. stereo electronics at the causeway point offers much better bargain and atmosphere. again, IMHO.

Sep 9, 2008 at 6:06 AM Post #34 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by aragornmustdie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
jaben is overrated and overpriced IMO. ok maybe not overrated for the really high end stuff, but i will still maintain that everything there is overpriced. stereo electronics at the causeway point offers much better bargain and atmosphere. again, IMHO.

Have u even been to Jaben?

The main advantage is u can try everything without buying ..and if u like u can buy.

other shopkeepers just dont entertain that .

jaben is more of a meeting corner for audiophiles and not just a shop

Sep 9, 2008 at 6:45 AM Post #35 of 68
The Lowriders aren't that bad looking. I'd like to give them a isten, along with the HESH. But I don't think anyone's getting laid wearing this:

800px-Koss_PortaPro.jpg

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

Sep 9, 2008 at 6:47 AM Post #36 of 68
i've been there a number of times.

yes, maybe i missed that part. actually i feel uncomfortable coming there trying things without actually buying. but again, maybe that's what i miss.

Sep 9, 2008 at 11:21 AM Post #38 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickdawg /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like to think lower end canalphones like SC or the Marshmallows will lead people to better products.

Agreed, I got into canalphones and IEMs because of Skull Candy. I gave them a shot because they seemed like they would take care of some noise isolation while i was cutting the grass.

I like the concept and later on upgraded to a better headphone.

Yah, they aren't the best, but they're a good intro for $9. Besides, that logo is just so cute
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 9, 2008 at 2:59 PM Post #40 of 68
WOW...i went there today ...tried out HD650..

My hands were literally shaking when i took them in my hands..

i had to behave as if it was normal for me to try them ..but i was damn excited at even touching them.

haha..

sadly...i tried them with GoVibe Magnum..that amp didnt power the HD650 well.

But i did notice that they had emphasis on Bass..whereas the HD600 are more balanced out laid back.

He is selling me HD600 for USD $340 ... is it a good offer?

Sep 9, 2008 at 5:34 PM Post #42 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How disappointing when aesthetic value overrules sense.
plainface.gif

all i meant was that for $9, i got to try canalphones for the first time. I wouldn't have tried canalphones if my entry point was much higher. Yah, they aren't great, but they are a good intro for the avg. consumer (which is what I was at the time).

Sep 9, 2008 at 8:15 PM Post #43 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How disappointing when aesthetic value overrules sense.
plainface.gif

But at least the Skullcandys are cheap headphones at a cheap price. Unlike, umm, Bose. People spend $250+ for what they think are audiophile headphones. Plus a little of it is to show off. "Look at me and my Bose".

The Skullcandys are much better looking. I have the rasta colored Smokin Buds, they're pretty sweet looking. Plus I like the way the HESH looks. It would be an interesting mod if someone recabled and put better drives in the HESH. Maybe I'll try it one day...

Sep 10, 2008 at 10:21 AM Post #44 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by yeahx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow didn't you JUST get the HD555s?

oh yeah... but i got them ...but u kno...i also heard HD600...so now i gotta get them too somehow. sooner or later

Users who are viewing this thread

Back