Skullcandy agents VS sennheiser HD203 what is better for me
Oct 30, 2011 at 6:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

smashdash

New Head-Fier
Hello there everyone! 
Three days ago i have been told that my father is visiting the U.S. I asked him to get me a pait of headphones, I told him i heard my friends skullcandy and it it truly amazing (I know I had no idea what im saying). So i asked myself, well maybe i can do better. So I started searching the web and did research on key elements in headphones and bitrates etc. So i started thinking "well I am not an audiophile so maybe the skullcandy are going to be good for me..." So i decided to make a compare the headphones and leat you guys tell me what you think.
I will compare them in a few main fields:
-Sound quality (from reviews and from what i understood in the specs)
-Durability
-Desigen
-Comfort
Before we begin I want to say that at this time I am rocking my 50 shekel (7$) earbuds and I enjoy them.
Lets start:

Sound quality: So yes... The skullcandys biggest weakness. from what i understood the skullcandys have bad qualitiy but mind that this opinion is from people who are audiophile wich, as erlier stated, I am not. on the other hand the sennheisers are really good (I read that on this fourom). from what i saw in the specs the skullcandys frequancy response is higher other then that and THD they are pretty similar. I havent found the drivers on both of them so if anyone can tell me that will be awsome.Also i am very interested in as less sound leakege as possible. I havent seen anything about that in both headphones.

Durability: Here i think its going to the skullcandys. I mean i travel alot and also i have 2 young brothers and i dont want my earphones breaking on me on day 2. Yes i know skullcandys are known for breaking but that is mostly about heash and skullcrushers becaus the are made of plastic. the agents headband seems to be made of some sort of thin plastic that is more durable then most othe skullcandys. on the other hand the sennheiser looks like one bump can snap it. I am looking for a more casual headphone that i can walk around with and not worry all that much of it being safe. That said i havent heard about any snapping and breaking on both headphones so I cant be sure.

Design: Well I think i dont even have to tell you guys. The skullcandys are really cool while the sennheisers...umm...not so much...

comfort: Well about the agents, some say its great some say it hurt and some were nutral. I am not looking for the most comfartable headphones ever but i guess comfort is good and as i understood the sennheiser also arent the most comfortable. Really the last two catagories are just so the commparision will cover as much a possible but are things that come down to opinion so fell free to tell me what you think in that regard or totaly ingore it.

That is all and now i want you guys tell me what you think and please dont just hate on the skullcandys. I want you to think as if you werent audiophiles and tell me what i should have.

P.S. I am sorry for my english it isnt my main langauge.
Thnanks in edvance for all the helper out there.

Edit: forgot to say i am looking for something under 50$.

Oct 30, 2011 at 11:00 AM Post #2 of 5
Seems like you are overthinking things...

Music preferences (genres/bands/singers) ?

Oct 30, 2011 at 1:44 PM Post #4 of 5
*in before Monoprice OEM/Panasonic HTF600 fans*

How about the Koss Portapro? They work great with your genres, they're quite durable (the headband's metal) and in my opinion, they're very comfy, and they look pretty awesome too. Also, they're very moddable to the type of sound you want from them. There's also the Koss UR55 if you can find that for cheap. They're a bit better than the Portapros. I've demoed the Agents and even with my unpicky ears, I didn't like them at all. Trust me, the sound will get old after a while and they aren't fast enough for metal.

Oct 30, 2011 at 2:31 PM Post #5 of 5
The koss UR55 seem more my style (yes i do care about design). how long do you think they will stay with me 3 months? half a year? a year? the more durable the better because once they break I cant get and over ear headphones because in my country they are super expesive were talking 150$ for the agent's... and thats the cheap ones...
edit: I looked more into it and I heard they leak quite alot. This is a very important factor for me. so i guess unless there is an easy mod that can fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back