Skullcandy 11mm
Sep 10, 2008 at 1:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Ninjax

Head-Fier
What do you guys think of the Skullcandy 11mm? I'm not looking for magical sound quality, I'm just a big fan of the life time warranty, because my earphones keep on breaking.

Sep 10, 2008 at 1:31 AM Post #2 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninjax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What do you guys think of the Skullcandy 11mm? I'm not looking for magical sound quality, I'm just a big fan of the life time warranty, because my earphones keep on breaking.

Reviews of skullcandy's customer service on amazon aren't that positive. People seem to have trouble hearing from SC when it comes to warranty.

As for the 11mm. Reviews across the board say the bass is overpowering and they are muddy all around.

I have the ink'd and they're good for working out and cutting the grass, that's really about it.

are you looking for tons of bass? what's your budget btw?

Sep 10, 2008 at 2:00 AM Post #3 of 9
If you want great customer service from brands, I'd go Shure or Ultimate Ears.
They'll sound craploads better SQ wise as well.

Fang from Head-Direct is also a great guy to deal with as well.

Sep 10, 2008 at 2:05 AM Post #4 of 9
Thanks man, that was a really fast reply, I appreciate it.
Hmm, I really don't know how to tell bass and all that other stuff. Is there some audio I can try which is really bassy, so I can tell if I like it or not?
My budget is no higher than £20, as I find it extremely pointless to spend more than that. I also want it to have life time warranty, or maybe a very strong pair that doesn't break easily.
I’m totally against Creative in every way. The headphones I bought of them always end up breaking, and the MP3/4 I bought from them also broke. On top of that, their customer service is also terrible.

Sep 10, 2008 at 2:13 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninjax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks man, that was a really fast reply, I appreciate it.
Hmm, I really don't know how to tell bass and all that other stuff. Is there some audio I can try which is really bassy, so I can tell if I like it or not?

Bass = the "boom,boom" of the music. You know, like 'Infected mushroom - Bombat' is one. Also it is better to buy headphones based on your music taste so what music do you mostly listen to?

Quote:

My budget is no higher than £20, as I find it extremely pointless to spend more than that.

Oh, I guess you havn't caught the Head-fi disease yet
wink.gif

You will soon enough
wink.gif

Koss has lifetime warranty.

Sep 10, 2008 at 2:15 AM Post #6 of 9
Koss KSC75. I'd honestly take them over many other headphones I've tried over the years.

Sep 10, 2008 at 2:22 AM Post #7 of 9
Anyway, my old MicroPhoto took a massive hammering (dropped on concrete several times) and it still worked fine despite a few ugly scratches. It was the replacement battery slowly dying that was the problem but then I thought 'Time to replace the player with a better one'.

Sep 10, 2008 at 2:25 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Koss KSC75. I'd honestly take them over many other headphones I've tried over the years.

Yep, a good choice for 15 pounds off Amazon UK.
But if the OP needs isolation, then canalphones and IEM's might be a better option.

Sep 10, 2008 at 4:32 PM Post #9 of 9
Koss KSC75 looks good. But I'm looking for in-ear.
Also I listen to too much different types of music, I can't narrow it down to one type.
chinesekiwi: Yes, some Creative's MP3/4s are built with quality, but they will definitly neglect you when your player brakes down. I currently own a ZV:M, I sent it to get replaced and it came back in around 4 monthes ++. And I don't think I would have even got it back without hassling them to send it to me, which they kept forgetting about. Right now I can't get the ZV:M to connect.
You'd really think somthing so bulky would last more than a year.
Also about the "Head-fi disease", I did have it, but it was cured. After I wasted so much money on loads of different pairs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back