"skull-vibrating" bass
Apr 8, 2010 at 9:28 PM Post #16 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by nikongod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[size=xx-large]SkullCrushers!!![/size]

**** YEAH!
  1. Skullcandy headphones let you have mini-subwoofers pressed against your (your what? they never finish the instructions!)
  2. Audio accessory allows you to feel the bass like a swarm attack by the renegades of funk
  3. Headphone speakers have a 30 mm diameter
Damn, those sure sound, I mean feel, like they'll have "skull-vibrating" bass!

Apr 8, 2010 at 9:32 PM Post #17 of 29
I love how whenever the brand name is mentioned the whole thread turns into a SC-bashing-thread.
biggrin.gif

Apr 8, 2010 at 9:35 PM Post #18 of 29
For $70 you can pick up the skullcandy skullcrushers which vibrate unmercifully yet have a decent amount of bass. It's fun to feel your music as well as listen to it. The con of these if that you can get much better sound quality for the price (the mids are a bit washed and highs are almost nonexistent), but you'd be hard-pressed to find bass like that in any other headphone, save for the sony XB with 50mm drivers, which is $130, and still doesn't vibrate quite like the skullcrushers.

Apr 8, 2010 at 9:36 PM Post #19 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
**** YEAH!
  1. Skullcandy headphones let you have mini-subwoofers pressed against your (your what? they never finish the instructions!)
  2. Audio accessory allows you to feel the bass like a swarm attack by the renegades of funk
  3. Headphone speakers have a 30 mm diameter
Damn, those sure sound, I mean feel, like they'll have "skull-vibrating" bass!

Holy crap! 30mm diameter drivers! How do manage to pack so much awesome into a piece of plastic?

Quote:

Originally Posted by zephyr90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love how whenever the brand name is mentioned the whole thread turns into a SC-bashing-thread.
biggrin.gif

It's viral.

Apr 8, 2010 at 9:43 PM Post #20 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eqric /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok thank for all the advice guys, I have read that the Skullcrushers (what a stupid name ;D ) is more for gaming then listen to music

Yeah, they kinda are but the vibration is neat if your not an audiophile. The closest I've came to the vibration of the skullcrushers is the sony extra bass 50mm.

And if you do decide on headphones, veer away from Amazon, overstock, and other sites that have suspiciously cheap prices. The prices are great but 9/10 times they are manufacturer's returned items that have been repaired by the company and then sold listed as "new" because they have been repackaged by the company.

Apr 8, 2010 at 9:49 PM Post #21 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frequen C /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And if you do decide on headphones, veer away from Amazon, overstock, and other sites that have suspiciously cheap prices. The prices are great but 9/10 times they are manufacturer's returned items that have been repaired by the company and then sold listed as "new" because they have been repackaged by the company.

proof.gif

Apr 8, 2010 at 9:50 PM Post #22 of 29
Sony MDR-XB700. You can get them from JR music world for $80.

No cheesy rumble pack needed to get them vibrating, they do it through pure bass.

Apr 8, 2010 at 10:11 PM Post #24 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frequen C /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Amazon? WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???? You need to convince me. Where's the proof?

Apr 8, 2010 at 10:55 PM Post #25 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by choka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Amazon? WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???? You need to convince me. Where's the proof?

+1

Authorized dealers aren't allowed to do that are they? More specifically, buy.com, they are an authorized dealer for sony and I plan to pick up the xb500, pretty cheap there.

Apr 9, 2010 at 6:06 AM Post #27 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by PianistOne111 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about this: get headphones that actually do something and then EQ the bass up.

M50 is a phone that can do something w/o having to EQ bass up
biggrin.gif

And doesn't EQ the bass of a non-vibrating phone to an extend which can shake your skull make the sound heavily distorted?

Apr 9, 2010 at 8:59 AM Post #28 of 29
Sony XB700 x100000000000

The bass will rock the SOUL out of your body. I found them to be quite clear as well. If you want bass, look no further. I owned them, loved them, sad to let them go because my head and the pads didnt agree with each other.

NOTHING comes close. If you want to get lost in an sea of omnipotent bass, these are IT. Just be careful, the bass is so powerful, it'll be hard to focus on anything else. The mids and highs were still clear sounding, but the bass is incredibly over emphasized. I quite loved this fact, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back