Skid guard for muffler important to replace?
Feb 11, 2008 at 7:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Meloncoly

500+ Head-Fier
I own a 2K7 VW Passat and I got it stuck in mud! Woot! And to make matters worse, it was raining really hard and the front wheels were stuck deep in mud...Passat is FWD...so I got it winched out, and when I went on some makeshift ramp made from 2x4s, it pried out the plastic skid guard for the muffler. I was wondering if the skid guard is important enough to be replaced or I can just leave it bare. I drive on city roads mostly and only travel on dirt roads sparingly. Thanks for the help.

Feb 11, 2008 at 11:51 PM Post #2 of 4
Are you talking about the rear valence on the B6? Don't take any speedbumps/potholes too hard and you should be fine. Also, was it damaged when it came off? I think it may just be possible to pop it back on.

Nice car by the way.

Feb 12, 2008 at 5:07 AM Post #3 of 4
I don't know car terms, but it is a huge plastic piece that covers the underside of the muffler so debris and whatnot doesn't scratch it or whatever. Yes, it is a B6 2.0T and thank you for the compliment...cheapest package though...lol. It was damaged enough that it won't simply pop back on, the tow truck guy tried but some of the plastic is bent out of shape. So I shouldn't need to replace it right?

Feb 12, 2008 at 7:32 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meloncoly /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know car terms, but it is a huge plastic piece that covers the underside of the muffler so debris and whatnot doesn't scratch it or whatever. Yes, it is a B6 2.0T and thank you for the compliment...cheapest package though...lol. It was damaged enough that it won't simply pop back on, the tow truck guy tried but some of the plastic is bent out of shape. So I shouldn't need to replace it right?

I'd get it as soon as you can. It won't kill you to drive it around for a while. The next time you get stuck in the mud though, it might cost you an exhaust. Good luck.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back