Ski Info Sites?
Dec 7, 2004 at 10:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

oneeyedhobbit

1000+ Head-Fier
What with the wide variety of interests on Head-fi, I'll give this post a shot: I'm an avid skiier, and am looking for a site that can give me info on all things skiing, although specifically I'm looking to pick up some good goggles. Anyone know of any info sites, review sites, forums, or even just have first hand info? Specifically, I need something that I can wear with my glasses, block UV/UVA (whatever), and that will work for low light (probably a clear lens). Many thanks for the help.

Dec 7, 2004 at 10:49 PM Post #3 of 6
I don't know any objective gear review sites, but I can tell you I have had great experience with the Smith goggles I've owned, and they're cheap. Also, I have been dissapointed with the two Oakley goggles I've tried. That's about all I can say. I haven't tried Spy or Dragon, but they seem popular. It sounds like you need two different pairs, one tinted and one clear. You just can't be without tinted goggles on bright or low-contrast days. I myself would like to get some clear goggles for night skiing. I know there are some with interchangeable lenses, but I don't know who makes them. Hope at least some of that is helpful. I'm just biding my time until my mountain opens.
plainface.gif

Cheers.

G

Dec 7, 2004 at 11:13 PM Post #5 of 6
I don`t know any review site for snowgear, but I `m very content with my current goggles. They`re Alpina`s, a model of them which I can wear with my glasses on.

Dec 7, 2004 at 11:30 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by skiingemt
I'm just biding my time until my mountain opens.
plainface.gif

Cheers.

G

Thanks for the tips and info--I also can't wait to get home for X-mas break to ski. I asked my parents for a ticket somewhere skiing over the short winter break my college has, too. Hell, I almost choose another college because Chicago doens't have anything by way of good skiing!

I'm going to try to find something with interchangeable lenses that can be worn over my glasses, unless the prescription inserts are cheap. If anyone knows of anything that fits the bill (I checked Alpina and those look appealing, minus interchangeable lenses), give me a heads-up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back