Skateboard-Fi
Jun 21, 2010 at 11:45 AM Post #122 of 261
I don't skateboard, but I have a sort of interesting story to tell. When I went to go get new bindings for my snowboard, one of the guys who works at the shop was showing how he added some skateboard trucks to a snowboard, and proceeded to ride around outside the store. God knows how he stopped the snowboard from breaking down the middle, but it was pretty beast XD

Always been interested in it though, but I'm terrible =P

Jun 23, 2010 at 7:08 PM Post #126 of 261
I have an old speed demons, lol if you want it is yours!!!

Quote:
I've been riding for a little over 22 years, currently taking a break due to injury. I also collect 80's and early 90s decks. I fav so far is a hot pink original Tommy Guerro

Jun 26, 2010 at 3:37 PM Post #127 of 261
I am a kiter, member of the kiting.sk crew (local Slovakian kiting community). I just ride land/snow kiting, I had never try kiteboarding yet...because I am scared of, deep water
atsmile.gif

http://kiting.sk/component/option,com_comprofiler/task,userProfile/user,129/Itemid,93/

http://kiting.sk/

Jun 29, 2010 at 2:21 PM Post #128 of 261

Quote:
Whoa! Is that real stuff he's doing? It looks kinda made up :p

Not made up at all. It's mostly freestyle tricks. Look up Rodney Mullen, the man who made skateboarding what it is today. :D

Jul 2, 2010 at 11:34 PM Post #130 of 261
I had a crappy little Nash board when I was around 12. Never did get a real board when I got older, and the whole fascination with skateboarding went away for a while until recently. This past weekend, a cousin who surfs brought along his longboard, a Loaded Dancer, and I got a few rides on it and it was a lot of fun. I fell thrice (haha) but still got a nice rush out of it. I'll be saving up for some longboards, one for carving and something smaller for cruising. Anybody recommend some boards for novices like myself? 

Jul 3, 2010 at 3:42 PM Post #132 of 261
Theres not really a board better for beginners... but I wouldn't suggest buying a long board that cost over $300 right off the bat. Btw, Santa Cruz has an awesome foot shaped cruising board.

Jul 4, 2010 at 7:02 AM Post #133 of 261
Hah, that looks pretty cool..

Jul 7, 2010 at 5:21 AM Post #134 of 261
ello fellow skaters. Ive been longboarding for 2 years now. Heres me 1 year ago. 

Heres what I ride. Rayne Demonseed on Indys, and a Demonseed I cut down.

Heres me doing a powerslide 2 weeks ago, before I hurt my ankle.

Skate safe and wear your helmet. And use good headphones.

Urbs.

Jul 7, 2010 at 10:18 AM Post #135 of 261
Powerslide with approx. 80D wheels and that stance? Yikes! I'd be tasting the asphalt myself :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back