Skateboard-Fi
Oct 28, 2009 at 9:26 AM Post #31 of 261
I have a sector 9 flex board 34'' with zigzags. forgot the trucks, but they're cheap.

It used to be my 2nd pair of feet, but ever since I got off campus, I dont really ride them anymore. I used to bomb hills and ride garages in UCSD, but now I rarely have the time to skate.

For the longest time, I wanted to get a loaded dervish (or an earthwing) and learn to do these:
YouTube - Whirling Dervish
Loaded Dancer
Ceviche street riding

Oct 29, 2009 at 8:04 PM Post #32 of 261
Quote:

Originally Posted by s1rrah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
RE: That "Claremont" downhill vid ...

I think those two dudes are riding earthwing boards ... the shape looks right and I've been doing a lot of research on putting together a good high speed downhill/"slide" board and the Earthwing decks come up a lot.

I'm getting stoked on putting a stick together ...

All I've got now is an old school Powell board that would throw me at speeds over 30 mph ...

Can't wait to get it together and bomb some Austin giants.

beerchug.gif

Im pretty sure those guys ride for Sector 9. Those Earthwing decks look nice. But I think Ill stick with G&S Fibreflex. got a few vintage ones off ebay and am looking for some reissues for my collection. Ill post a pic when i can get them out of storage. you can find some Kryptonics wheels on vintage rollerskates at thrift shops...or buy the reissues. Trucks are a little harder to locate. I prefer Bennett and ACS. vintage indy and tracker freestlyes are nice too.

Apr 27, 2010 at 5:38 PM Post #33 of 261
Woo! I can't beleive I just know found this thread... let's try to start it back up. I ride a 7.75 zooyork board with high thunder sonora trucks, 80d 54mm classic spit fire wheels (buttery smooth), an some bones red bearings. An awsome (and beautiful) setup.

Apr 27, 2010 at 6:38 PM Post #34 of 261
I haven't skated for a while, but I did for a time. I still have my board, but all I remember about it is that it's a Girl, don't remember the trucks or wheels and whatnot.

At the time, I was slowing down from skating, doing it less and less. Then one day from a bad flip, I pierced a hole through my cheek right next to where my lips meet on the left. It bled pretty significantly until the doctor looked at it and stitched it up.

I'm thinking about getting back into it this summer though.

Apr 27, 2010 at 7:45 PM Post #35 of 261
Wow. Yah, wipeouts can be bad... I do vert an some street an should probably start wearing a helmet. My friend cut his throat open from dropping in an lost control. You just never know when you could have a serious accident.

Apr 29, 2010 at 11:02 AM Post #37 of 261
Quote:

Originally Posted by 11amaberry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Woo! I can't beleive I just know found this thread... let's try to start it back up. I ride a 7.75 zooyork board with high thunder sonora trucks, 80d 54mm classic spit fire wheels (buttery smooth), an some bones red bearings. An awsome (and beautiful) setup.

I've been looking for that set of wheels (or 56mm) everywhere! Have to wait for the spring shipments, I guess..

Have a Pink Zip Zinger Nano, beta 22's and Swiss labyrinth's waiting, just need those wheels! Need them to be narrow for less surface drag.. Previously had the Zip Zinger wheels, which were super soft but so damn slow
frown.gif

80d and narrow, mmm.

Got in the trick business again after the winter and it seems the knee isn't so bad after all!
Anyone else think that 360 flips are easier switch than regular?

Apr 29, 2010 at 1:27 PM Post #38 of 261
Yes, the 80d spitfires are like floating above the ground lol. I skate goofy anyway, but have not been skating along time. I've mostly done vert up to now, but lately have been practicing casper flips and other street stuff. Still wipeout on my drop ins though lol. Anyone have some vert experience?

Apr 29, 2010 at 6:13 PM Post #39 of 261
I love skating, i'm surprised there's even audiophile skateboarders on head-fi!
I skate goofy myself, i usually skate Plan B decks, Krux Trucks, those damned expensive bearings i forgot what they were called, and ricto i think wheels? i haven''t skated in ages, but would love to do it this summer.

Apr 29, 2010 at 10:21 PM Post #40 of 261
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepsi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love skating, i'm surprised there's even audiophile skateboarders on head-fi!
I skate goofy myself, i usually skate Plan B decks, Krux Trucks, those damned expensive bearings i forgot what they were called, and ricto i think wheels? i haven''t skated in ages, but would love to do it this summer.

Those damned expensive bearings (called the Bones Swiss Ceramics, which I paid 130usd for) could possibly be anyone's best investment ever, if one's up for some cleaning now and then.. They last ****ing forever! I rolled a year with them (many hours a week) till I had to open up and clean them.
Then one day broke two of them by landing semi primo down a drop (had those wheels with a larger hole in the middle where the bearings are separated which means the wheels are easier to come off ripping the bearings off entirely
frown.gif
)

Edit: Oh, and the Ceramics are DAMN fast too! As new, it felt as I was accelerating uphill... Very nice
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 29, 2010 at 11:41 PM Post #41 of 261
/\ Wait, Ceramics are breakable?! Lol, yah bones are great. Btw electopop, Zumiez online has those spitfires on clearance here: Spitfire Classic 80D Blue 62mm Wheels : PDP

Nice to see a community of sk8rs here, Pepsi you should get back into it this summer. What's your skills? (vert, street, bombing hills etc.)
Oh, an planB decks are awesome, if my Zoo York deck ever breaks (please don't!) I'm getting a PlanB I think.

Apr 29, 2010 at 11:54 PM Post #43 of 261
Could never justify coughing up for ceramics, they just seem crazy. I've been rolling China Bones for over 9 years now, they've never let me down.
beerchug.gif

I used to use FKDs but they get fcked by rain way too easily, hence the name I guess.

Apr 30, 2010 at 12:07 AM Post #44 of 261
Quote:

Originally Posted by 11amaberry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh wait, those were 62mm sorry :p

Good price. I live in Finland though
frown.gif
Thanks for the suggestion anyway
smily_headphones1.gif

I've been riding DNA distribution boards (Alien, Habitat etc.) long. I always buy a deck whenever they have 7.5 ones left at the store. They last. Before I knew them or used them, say 5 years back, I used to go 2 boards a week at the most! My pop was much better and landing worse, hehe.

I've had china bones a few times and they've always broken on me.. Nowa I just use Independent abec 5s (metal shielded) for my trick setup. They seem to last very long and in many conditions.

And yeah, it's fun to see who skates in this forum
smily_headphones1.gif
Surprising it's so common.

Oh and 1amaberry, just to let you know, I can't even skate mini ramp properly so vert is pretty much out of the question
biggrin.gif

I've dropped in once successfully and decided to leave it at that, hehe..

Apr 30, 2010 at 2:10 AM Post #45 of 261
That's what they were! I love those bearings, smooth as hell.

Last time i skated was when i tried to frontside flip a dock and broke my ankle. Ever since then i kept b!tchin out on gaps. Haven't skated then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back