Size relation between IPC & X1, X3, X5?
Nov 7, 2014 at 6:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

BL33DnEaRs

100+ Head-Fier
Need some info.  Now that the great minds of Apple have discontinued my beloved 7th Gen Ipod Classic.  I am in the future planning stage for a replacement.  Unfortunately, I have OCD, and now am so used to my stack being all nice and relatively the same size.  The IPC and JDS C5 mate up almost like they were made for each other.  My question is, are the X1, X3, or X5 pretty much the same size as the Ipod?  Any pics of your rigs with the C5?  Hate to have to buy another amp b/c the C5 is awesome, but I know it will drive me nuts if they dont mate seamlessly.  Thanks guys for any info.

Nov 8, 2014 at 8:47 AM Post #2 of 3
  Need some info.  Now that the great minds of Apple have discontinued my beloved 7th Gen Ipod Classic.  I am in the future planning stage for a replacement.  Unfortunately, I have OCD, and now am so used to my stack being all nice and relatively the same size.  The IPC and JDS C5 mate up almost like they were made for each other.  My question is, are the X1, X3, or X5 pretty much the same size as the Ipod?  Any pics of your rigs with the C5?  Hate to have to buy another amp b/c the C5 is awesome, but I know it will drive me nuts if they dont mate seamlessly.  Thanks guys for any info.

DX50 or DX90 is exactly the same footprint as JDS C5.

X1, X3, X5 are all different footprints to JDS C5.

Nov 8, 2014 at 9:40 AM Post #3 of 3
Sweet! Thanks for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back