Size of companies: Ray, Singlepower, Woo etc.
Aug 14, 2008 at 2:00 PM Post #16 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by earwicker7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've had zero problems with Ray. I received my B-52 within four weeks; everyone else I've talked to has had very similar experiences with him. Not all of the boutique places run like SinglePower.

That is pleasing to know. For what it's worth, I have also heard good things about Mr. Meier and Mr. Nikitin (of A.N.T. Audio).

Aug 14, 2008 at 5:32 PM Post #17 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by earwicker7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've had zero problems with Ray. I received my B-52 within four weeks; everyone else I've talked to has had very similar experiences with him. Not all of the boutique places run like SinglePower.

i wholeheartedly agree.

ray's service is first rate. i received my Apache in a timely fashion and when i sent it in for some modifications, the amp was returned to me in just over two weeks. plus, i have never had real trouble trying to get in touch with him when i needed to ask a question. and he has even called me on occasion in response to a pm/email.

Aug 15, 2008 at 12:46 PM Post #18 of 24
I can speak to dealings with both Craig and Jack. I've had a Moth S45 for several years that I bought direct from Moth. I had a cap failure, drove it up to Moth, and Craig spent over an hour diagnosing, replacing the cap (with a better quality replacement, BTW), and burning it in, all at no charge. I can only assume that Craig gives the same good service to his Eddie Current customers. Jack communicated well, and provided a well-packaged, great sounding (and looking) product in a timely manner; a great value for the money. Just because a vendor is small doesn't mean he can't deliver high quality and great customer service.

Aug 15, 2008 at 1:16 PM Post #19 of 24
There is certainly something to be said for the economies of scale. It has been my lifelong experience, however, that small business organizations in either goods or services are able to maintain better focus on their customers and clients. Large business organizations, on the other hand, seem to develop their own cultures and kingdoms often losing sight of their clients and customers interests. In the extreme, large organizations seem prone to developing attitudes actually adversarial to their clients and customers interests.

BTW, it has been a real pleasure to deal with Jan Meier and Ray Samuels over the years.

Aug 15, 2008 at 1:30 PM Post #20 of 24
Customer service in smaller companies is exceptionally good. When I e-mail Dr. Lloyd at MAD, he responds in the span of half and hour. Same with Jack at Woo. There is a dedication to quality and service that is very hard to find in bigger commercially driven companies.
I ordered an Ear+ and a week later in was set up in my basement. One week to build and ship a hand made amp is incredible!

Aug 16, 2008 at 11:44 AM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by larry.said /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Customer service in smaller companies is exceptionally good. When I e-mail Dr. Lloyd at MAD, he responds in the span of half and hour. Same with Jack at Woo. There is a dedication to quality and service that is very hard to find in bigger commercially driven companies.
I ordered an Ear+ and a week later in was set up in my basement. One week to build and ship a hand made amp is incredible!

MAD is really special, because:
1.) The audio, build quality and reliability of MAD gear is consistently in the excellent-outstanding range,
2.) He makes and keeps delivery commitments and he posts his backlog
3.) His delivery times fluctuate but are reasonable
4.) He is continually modifying and refining his products
5.) Price increases have always been reasonable
6.) As you say, he is an outstanding communicator

I know some small builders than can do a few of these at the same time, but not all. The combination is unique. I wonder how he does it.

I DO have a MAD head amp. (But I also have SP, Blue Circle and Meier Audio head amps, as well).

The Doc's new mono-blocks look interesting.

Aug 17, 2008 at 12:10 AM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Junesequa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is that all ? I emailed ray for a predator I wanted to buy. The person on the other end seemed very impersonable and unable to communicate via email effectively. Still expecting a quality product. Its RSA after all! I hope it grows to a 7-10 person enterprise!!

I guess you may have spoken to one of his [new] employee?

I talked to Ray on the phone before I ordered my Predator. Not two days later it arrived in my doorstep.

Aug 17, 2008 at 3:50 AM Post #24 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by rodentdog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought a used Headamp some time back. Sent it to Justin to have the stepped volume control replaced with an infinitely variable one. Smooth, easy, reasonable price. Would purchase another of his products. Highly recommended!

hmmm.

i wonder if i could send my HeadAmp KGSS in for upgrades. wouldn't mind upping the ante there a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back