Sixth Head-Fi Sydney Meet: Sunday 26th October
Oct 19, 2008 at 4:45 AM Post #497 of 643
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks elliot; hmm 40mins, thats more than $9 worth of my time, but being able to test out the different sizes for fit etc. is a real bonus.

Plus there's the train fare which would be about $5. But you do get to try them out...

That cable of stevenkelbys looks awesome. I really like the integrated USB.

Oct 19, 2008 at 5:24 AM Post #498 of 643
Quote:

Originally Posted by elliot42 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Plus there's the train fare which would be about $5. But you do get to try them out...

That cable of stevenkelbys looks awesome. I really like the integrated USB.

yeah its a great feature i'm working on one right now; I got the USB power sorted but just working on syncing

Oct 19, 2008 at 5:55 AM Post #499 of 643
Quote:

thanks elliot; hmm 40mins, thats more than $9 worth of my time, but being able to test out the different sizes for fit etc. is a real bonus.

Oh and there is a trackwork affecting the CBD areas on that weekend so it would probably take you longer than 40mins.

For the meet shall we also follow the previous meet's rule of no hair product to protect the headphones? its sounds reasonable to me.

Oct 19, 2008 at 6:02 AM Post #501 of 643
Quote:

i'm wanting to buy myself one of the pelican cases for my rig from Digital Camera Warehouse; they're sweet cases wit a lifetime guaranty they are water proof, bouyant (handy for when you go scuba diving with your rig
icon10.gif
), they are padded on the inside, crush proof and have a pressure release valve for flying, this hole could be drilled out and replaced with a female mini so you can connect your phones on the outside. plus they look really sweet.

I've got a 1020 (no internal padding) I used for holding car key remotes, wallets, phones etc. whilst snorkeling back before I had to avoid daylight. I can bring it if you want a look.

I've also got a suitcase-sized case with similar characteristics for my SLR rig (including 400mm f5.6 lense which isn't the smallest you've ever seen) but I haven't installed the replacement O-rings and internal foam yet. I suspect it's also from Pelican but it could be some other manufacturer.

Oct 19, 2008 at 6:05 AM Post #502 of 643
Quote:

Originally Posted by juzmister /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hm I know this sounds like a long-shot, but who wants to trade their Pico for a balanced tube amp + a tiny bit of cash?

Sorry, not me. I can imagine letting the Pico go (the Boa's pretty decent, the Python might be even better), but I'm not interested in tubes (I dislike slow decay and ongoing maintenance) and I haven't yet heard the "balanced" difference for myself.

Oct 19, 2008 at 6:40 AM Post #503 of 643
After buying for a friend who decided to go cordless, I now have a pair of Audio Technica ATH-A500s to bring.

Quote:

Hey BTW guys how easy is it to get from the cross to canterbury? i'm wanting to buy myself one of the pelican cases for my rig from Digital Camera Warehouse; they're sweet cases wit a lifetime guaranty they are water proof, bouyant .......................

Jaycar is selling one for $39 that looks like it might be big enough for a full sized set of phones.

Jaycar Electronics

Oct 19, 2008 at 7:19 AM Post #505 of 643
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry, not me. I can imagine letting the Pico go (the Boa's pretty decent, the Python might be even better), but I'm not interested in tubes (I dislike slow decay and ongoing maintenance) and I haven't yet heard the "balanced" difference for myself.

I think pk is bringing his little dot to the meet so you can have a listen then...I think you will be quite surprised! With regards to the maintenance, I've owned a bunch of tube amps and have never had a tube die on me
Cheers.

Oct 19, 2008 at 7:20 AM Post #506 of 643
all those LODs are making me ITCH!!!!

i hope i win one too! ... otherwise i might juat have to resort to buying one hahahah

Oct 19, 2008 at 7:35 AM Post #507 of 643
Quote:

Originally Posted by sum1
Oh and there is a trackwork affecting the CBD areas on that weekend so it would probably take you longer than 40mins.

i'm going on the monday probably because they aren't open on sunday. are the track works continuing into the week? I think it's probably still best to have a look before I decide which one to buy. also want to see the ampsack at the meet to see how I like it. although I don't think its a flexible enough solution because you can only buy different sized amp compartments and not for your dap. to get a different sized dap part you have to buy a whole new ampsack.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sum1
For the meet shall we also follow the previous meet's rule of no hair product to protect the headphones? its sounds reasonable to me.

OHHHH
frown.gif
i'm such a dreadful poser
biggrin.gif
perhaps i'll wear a hat

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazz
I've got a 1020 (no internal padding) I used for holding car key remotes, wallets, phones etc. whilst snorkeling back before I had to avoid daylight. I can bring it if you want a look.

I've also got a suitcase-sized case with similar characteristics for my SLR rig (including 400mm f5.6 lense which isn't the smallest you've ever seen) but I haven't installed the replacement O-rings and internal foam yet. I suspect it's also from Pelican but it could be some other manufacturer.

that would be really cool if you could bring the 1020 its a little too small for my rig but i'll get to see if I like the style/build quality. Cool a fellow photographer
cool.gif
GEEZ that lense must weigh a tone!!! are you some sort of spy/perve?
evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by leveller1642
Jaycar is selling one for $39 that looks like it might be big enough for a full sized set of phones

cool but I dont need one that big only one for my IEM's DAP/amps. I want it to be still quite portable. although I do have to go to jaycar to get some fuel for my soldering iron; I don't think they'll let me fly with any. in fact i'm worried they won't let me bring the iron; even if I release all the fuel. perhaps I just wont say anything.

Oct 19, 2008 at 8:36 AM Post #509 of 643
u CAN have hair products, but ONLY if u wear a shower cap
wink.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

ps. see? im NICE unlike Zephy here hahah
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back