Sixth Head-Fi Sydney Meet: Sunday 26th October
Oct 10, 2008 at 12:28 AM Post #391 of 643
Quote:

Originally Posted by Covenant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You shall not win.

I may have to employ the services of my evil twin ymereJ; hes not nearly as nice a guy as me muhuhahaha. I personally would let you win; but him; I cant be too sure. I might have to start a thread logging the burnin of caps on a minute to minute basis
devil_face.gif

Oct 10, 2008 at 7:01 AM Post #393 of 643
Quote:

Originally Posted by sum1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
MilkyWay, are you the other person that will bring in MD2000? If so i'm just curious if you had yours modded by Mark'l or yourself

It was done by another professional other than MarkL, I tell you what, I got my wood cups today and they made my knees weak.

Oct 10, 2008 at 7:15 AM Post #394 of 643
Quote:

Originally Posted by Covenant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Analog, or digital? DAC, or cdp? The crowd's hanging in suspense...

One of each
smily_headphones1.gif
but in the digital arena i'm either going for a Stello 220 or the Aqvox...Still haven't made a call! Is the crowd willing to give it's assistance?

Oct 10, 2008 at 9:05 AM Post #395 of 643
Quote:

Originally Posted by juzmister /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One of each
smily_headphones1.gif
but in the digital arena i'm either going for a Stello 220 or the Aqvox...Still haven't made a call! Is the crowd willing to give it's assistance?

havent heard an Aqvox but never heard anything bad about stello. dont have any personal experience apart from a friend of mine had one: cant remember the model but it certainly made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck. for comparison I guess my opinion doesn't mean a great deal
frown.gif
of course the hairs might have had something to do with the B&W nautilus horns and sub he was running with it
wink.gif

Oct 10, 2008 at 1:17 PM Post #397 of 643
Wow justin, upgrade again eh? Where are you getting your stello from? Caxton audio? I'm asking because I might want to get the DA100S.

Oct 10, 2008 at 2:28 PM Post #399 of 643
I found them both on stereo.net.au
smily_headphones1.gif
Special price for the Aqvox and the Stello DP200 is second hand...The stello is a really cool unit; it's a pre-amp and a DAC (same as in the 220)...

Oct 11, 2008 at 12:28 PM Post #401 of 643
My my, that DA220MKII looks very tempting. It's got USB input too.. Oh my poor wallet is gonna start leaking again

Oct 11, 2008 at 11:45 PM Post #402 of 643
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZephyrSapphire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'ma be bringing my 17" Dell with Ubuntu Studio preloaded.
biggrin.gif
I'm never switching back to Windows or get a Mac to listen to music ever again!

Dells are selling with Ubuntu preloaded? My respect for them just went up a few notches.

Oct 12, 2008 at 12:17 AM Post #403 of 643
i think he means taht he will preload ubuntu on it himself :p

so yea, time to step down that respect for them again covenant
wink.gif

Oct 12, 2008 at 12:42 AM Post #404 of 643
Dell does sell some computers with Ubuntu pre-loaded in some markets. The ISO images for re-installing the OS along with customisations can be downloaded from the Dell Linux website... so you can at least feel like it's a pre-loaded install even if you got Visturd with the computer instead

Users who are viewing this thread

Back