Six years after the Zune HD release, and still no other mp3 players with HD radio??????
Dec 9, 2015 at 6:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

JK1

Headphoneus Supremus
What happened with HD radio? Why aren't there many portable players with HD radio?????

Dec 14, 2015 at 12:43 AM Post #2 of 4
  What happened with HD radio? Why aren't there many portable players with HD radio?????

Internet based High Quality Radio happened :/ I can get Tidal on my LG V10 or a Fiio X7 

Dec 14, 2015 at 8:22 AM Post #3 of 4
  Internet based High Quality Radio happened :/ I can get Tidal on my LG V10 or a Fiio X7 

Streaming radio via WIFI eats up plenty of power, and will likely give short battery life. Data over cellular probably consumes even more power. In some places cellular data rates are very high. WIFI availability isn't that great.

Dec 14, 2015 at 6:12 PM Post #4 of 4
  Streaming radio via WIFI eats up plenty of power, and will likely give short battery life. Data over cellular probably consumes even more power. In some places cellular data rates are very high. WIFI availability isn't that great.

well actually, carriers like tMobile offer Audio over Cellular without any effect on your allotted Data Cap, meaning you can listen to as much Internet Based Radio as you'd like without worrying about your "data"

I do understand what you mean about Battery life though, still as much as I appreciate Radio the technology is a bit old an I doubt you'll ever see support for it. Though according to some sources, LGs V10 has Radio Support depending on which region you purchase it within 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back