Site for Shure E500
Jul 27, 2006 at 8:10 PM Post #2 of 17
price isn't that much lower then the rest. I am guessing it is real but I would for the money go through someone on the site here. For the piece of mine and security.

Jul 27, 2006 at 10:18 PM Post #3 of 17
HI I just read this site as a buying research tool. This led me to preorder E500's (Like Gadot now I wait) It has been most helpful. But I Digress. After doing some digging on this "seller" I am of the opinion that it is not a legitimate operation and in an era of CC fraud and Identity theft I would stick to reputable Etailers. (I ordered from Headphone.com which I found through this site) .

The old adage if it sounds to good to be true....may well apply here. There 800 # does not work though this could be b/c I am in Canada. I did recieve a email reply with a very low price quote The individual stated he would call me back but did not. This is not suspicious in and of itself but it provided me time to do some Due Dilligence
The FAQ section of the site states (Cut and paste from site)

Frequently Asked Questions

Warrantee -- All of our Etymotic and Shure Earphones come with a 2 year warranty, we are factory authorized dealers.

So I went to the source and called Shure and spoke to someone in their personal Audio Deptartment. I gave hime the various names And was advised they had "never heard of them". So they are not to Shure's Knowalge an authorized Shure Dealer or reseller.

It could be legit but I would stick with reputable known comodities.

Anyhow that is my two cents it is the least I could contribute after lurking through your threads for my buying research. There is little else I can offer to the rest of this board as my knowlage is limited to what my ears and eyes an iPod dillitente as it were.

Anyhow I hope this is of some help

Jul 31, 2006 at 7:54 PM Post #4 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisfromalbany
price isn't that much lower then the rest. I am guessing it is real but I would for the money go through someone on the site here. For the piece of mine and security.

Maybe you know something I don't but Raw Phones is selling for under $400 (shipped mid August). Everyone else right now is selling for $500. How do you get that the price isn't that much lower. $100 seems significant to me.
Gerry

Jul 31, 2006 at 8:22 PM Post #5 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by gdg
Maybe you know something I don't but Raw Phones is selling for under $400 (shipped mid August). Everyone else right now is selling for $500. How do you get that the price isn't that much lower. $100 seems significant to me.
Gerry

I do.. they are selling for under that.
biggrin.gif

Jul 31, 2006 at 9:38 PM Post #7 of 17
Does it usually take them a while to send the price. I clicked "send price" about half an hour ago and nothing has come. When I try and actually buy them the price comes up as $495. Has the price gone up or are they closed. Maybe I should just check out and assume the price will be corrected when the order is processed.
Gerry

Jul 31, 2006 at 9:43 PM Post #8 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by gdg
Does it usually take them a while to send the price. I clicked "send price" about half an hour ago and nothing has come. When I try and actually buy them the price comes up as $495. Has the price gone up or are they closed. Maybe I should just check out and assume the price will be corrected when the order is processed.
Gerry

It usually gets there immediatly. You need a coupon code from that email to get the special price.

Aug 1, 2006 at 1:44 PM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by acidtripwow
So is this site legit?

http://www.sitekreator.com/earcandy/home_page.html

Something fishy about this seller:

Quote:

Shure is our best selling line and we can give the best prices!

If you find a cheaper price than any other store quotes you...we will beat it.

Our Ebay name is RawTransitions with 99.6% positive feedback. We have been in business since 2003.

Yet
http://search.ebay.com/ws/search/Sal...&fcl=3&frpp=50

On Ebay RawTransitions sells mostly home appliance like blender, or anything else except headphone. One way to find out is to contact the RawTransitions on Ebay and see what he says.

Aug 3, 2006 at 2:18 PM Post #10 of 17
So I placed an order for 10 pairs of E500s from these guys, and was quoted $339 each plus $20 shipping. I paid them with PayPal using my trusty American Express card, that offers full protection for all online transactions, including PayPal. They said they'd ship in 2-3 weeks.

Fast forward to yesterday, I get a call. They say that somebody is scamming them on PayPal, and that the seller's protection is only useful to them if they ship merchandise within seven days of payment. They want to refund my payment and have me send in a check for $3410. I basically laughed in their face. They asked why I had an issue with that, and I told them that their website is sketchy as hell, dealing with them has been sketchy as hell, and without AMEX to back me up, I wasn't going through with the transaction.

I went on to say that if they ever get some on hand, I'd be more than willing to go through with it again, if I could pay with PayPal. For now, they needed to refund my payment.

That was last night, and I just received the refund this morning. I'll give them a shot if I can use PayPal if they ever have any in stock. They did offer to call when they got them in stock, and I'd be willing to try again then, so we'll see.

Aug 3, 2006 at 2:40 PM Post #11 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by AaRdVarK
So I placed an order for 10 pairs of E500s from these guys, and was quoted $339 each plus $20 shipping. I paid them with PayPal using my trusty American Express card, that offers full protection for all online transactions, including PayPal. They said they'd ship in 2-3 weeks.

Fast forward to yesterday, I get a call. They say that somebody is scamming them on PayPal, and that the seller's protection is only useful to them if they ship merchandise within seven days of payment. They want to refund my payment and have me send in a check for $3410. I basically laughed in their face. They asked why I had an issue with that, and I told them that their website is sketchy as hell, dealing with them has been sketchy as hell, and without AMEX to back me up, I wasn't going through with the transaction.

I went on to say that if they ever get some on hand, I'd be more than willing to go through with it again, if I could pay with PayPal. For now, they needed to refund my payment.

That was last night, and I just received the refund this morning. I'll give them a shot if I can use PayPal if they ever have any in stock. They did offer to call when they got them in stock, and I'd be willing to try again then, so we'll see.

To me the price totally seems not realistic at all. I couldn't find any E5C for below $350 at all, yet these guys are saying they can sell the E500 for less than E5C? And 10 pieces of headphones would sure cost a LOT more than $20 to ship them. (Trust me, I ordered ten IEMs in one order before). These guys just are too good to be true.

Aug 3, 2006 at 3:13 PM Post #12 of 17
Yeah, these guys seemed fishy so I ordered from a head-fi sponsor. They were sent out on Aug 1 so I hope to get them by Friday. I had them sent to work but I'm out this week in training, doh!

Aug 3, 2006 at 4:21 PM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by AaRdVarK

This site...rawphones...is by no means an authroized dealer and they do NOT have any E500's nor will they ever get any.

Aug 3, 2006 at 4:22 PM Post #14 of 17
Not worth the risk IMO. We get such great service from guys like Headroom and Todd that if it's close, they'll always get my business. Of course, I'd do J&R, B&H Photo and sites like that but there's no chance in hades I'll buy from an outfit I don't know to save money.

Aug 3, 2006 at 5:19 PM Post #15 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by turkishdelight
This site...rawphones...is by no means an authroized dealer and they do NOT have any E500's nor will they ever get any.

Thanks Turkishdelight
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back