site Data breach?
Jan 19, 2020 at 6:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

dpastern

100+ Head-Fier
I haven't logged into head-fi for quite some time, just logged in and was advised by Chrome to change my password as this site and my account details had been part of a data breach. I couldn't find anything via a Google search to indicate that head-fi had been breached, and a search of the forums didn't find anything either.

So, what gives?

Cheers,

Dave

Jan 19, 2020 at 12:50 PM Post #2 of 4
It may be that your Chrome browser is the thing that's affected.

That said, Head-Fi has a lot of ads that might trip warning messages, but IMHO, those have been pretty minimal the last few years, as long as you login. It helps to select "Stay logged in" or choose to have the browser remember your login. That stops a lot of junk. It's when you go into Head-Fi without the login that the ads are the worst. Could be you tripped something that way - before you logged in.

Jan 19, 2020 at 5:07 PM Post #3 of 4
Jan 21, 2020 at 5:21 AM Post #4 of 4
That's a interesting new Chrome feature! I'm going to make the assumption that your credentials were stolen elsewhere, because as far as I'm aware there hasn't been talk about this on Head-Fi in forum or by e-mail notification. What you can do is report one of your posts bottom left of it and ask a moderator. Alternatively repost in Feedback & Bug Reports.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back