Sister wants new Ipod Nano 2gb, any other suggestions?
Jun 12, 2007 at 5:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

WhatMACHI

500+ Head-Fier
Well my sister is looking to get a new Ipod Nano 2gb, and i was hoping there would be a better place to grab one from other than Harvey Norman which are selling for $174 aus.

Also would you guys have any other suggestions in terms of a portable player? Im supposing that an Ipod for her would be the easiest and most convenient way since most of us are running itunes already.

As i haven't kept up with the market lately im unsure of any reliable online sources for ipods (taking into account shipping costs).

Jun 12, 2007 at 5:11 AM Post #2 of 4
Go for the nano. If 2GB is all she needs (I'm sure she's not an audiophile) then nano is a great option. Possibly look at the 4GB depending how much music she has and your budget.

Jun 12, 2007 at 5:26 AM Post #3 of 4
Shameless plug, but I would reccomend it regardless - the Sandisk Sansa Express.

Smaller, has a nice OLED screen, FM tuner, voice recording, USB interface right on the player, and a micro-SD slot for expandability... all for $60 (1GB)

Since I just recently bought a Zune (only because I wanted more space), I am selling my Sansa Express with a 2gb card, for a total of 3gb, for much cheaper than the 2gb Nano.

This is kinda the wrong forum, but let me know if you are interested.

Thanks much,

Mr00000

Jun 12, 2007 at 6:43 AM Post #4 of 4
Check out the Samsung YP-T9 while you're shopping around online. I have the 4GB iPod Nano and the 2GB iRiver T60 and am very happy with them for the (different) uses I put them to. But the Samsung T9 and K3 should bear looking into, at least. I think the controls on the T9 are easier to operate (plus it has video capability), but the K3 is a really good-looking player, if that's a factor (and the T9 looks better in person than it does in pictures).

Of course, some people want an iPod, no matter what. In this case, while you can get better-sounding players and players with other features, the 2nd generation Nano does sound pretty good and it has its good points, among them ease of operation and good battery life (something iPod wasn't so strong with in the early days).

You're being a good brother/sister ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back