Siouxsie remasters
Jun 8, 2006 at 9:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

dabblerblue

100+ Head-Fier
I went to Sam the Record Man today just on a whim, browsed through the various albums looking for whatever. Lo and behold, on the racks, I saw new remasters of Holding Hands, Kaleidoscope, and Juju!

Apparently these just came out, but I only saw single disc copies of them, not the double disc version like The Scream got. I asked at the counter, but it looks like these are it, no deluxe editions.

Anyone heard these yet? They were pretty cheap at Sam's ($15 CAD).

Jun 8, 2006 at 10:02 PM Post #2 of 6
whoa, no kidding!

i wonder how well those albums were recorded to begin with. if they were recorded with care, the remasters could have the potential to sound really nice... lush and dynamic.

my old siouxsie cd's sounded flat, so if these are good i'd be all over them.

Jun 9, 2006 at 1:47 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by dabblerblue
I went to Sam the Record Man today just on a whim, browsed through the various albums looking for whatever. Lo and behold, on the racks, I saw new remasters of Holding Hands, Kaleidoscope, and Juju!

Apparently these just came out, but I only saw single disc copies of them, not the double disc version like The Scream got. I asked at the counter, but it looks like these are it, no deluxe editions.

Anyone heard these yet? They were pretty cheap at Sam's ($15 CAD).

These Cds are in dire need of remaster since old Cds have very bright grainy sound......unfortunately sold at full price, but each CD has bonus tracks and enhanced packaging. Have not acquired yet........

Back in 1980's I had the vinyl albums spinning on Linn LP12 and they did indeed sound good, especially the EPs like "arabian nights".

Jun 9, 2006 at 2:19 PM Post #4 of 6
Maybe it's me, but I hope these remasters sound like crap. I hate the though of having to replace my original CD's.
icon10.gif

Jun 10, 2006 at 2:01 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel
These Cds are in dire need of remaster since old Cds have very bright grainy sound......unfortunately sold at full price, but each CD has bonus tracks and enhanced packaging. Have not acquired yet........

Correction.......these remasters are sold at reduced price so great deal with bonus tracks, soon they will be mine.

Should have sold my old versions used before these remasters were released
tongue.gif

Jun 10, 2006 at 4:07 AM Post #6 of 6
oh goody! i'll probably need to buy the whole early discography anyway, from The Scream right through Tinderbox. strangely enough, the only reissue i've seen so far was the double disc version of The Scream, and it's an expensive German import. i browsed a music store today and didn't see anything else; are the reissues getting any Stateside release?

on a slightly similar note, i bought all three recently reissued Depeche Mode remasters today (Speak and Spell, Music For The Masses, Violator), finally came out with a US release this week. haven't listened to it yet.

oh... and The Cure's next batch of remasters are coming soon, along with a remastered version of The Glove's Blue Sunshine with alternate Robert Smith vocals on all tracks, woo hoo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back