Singxer SU-6
Oct 24, 2021 at 12:02 PM Post #632 of 1,018

Attachments

• Device manager.jpg
    Device manager.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 0
Oct 25, 2021 at 8:25 PM Post #634 of 1,018
I've already tried this as well
Plug in something that charges from USB like a camera or phone after you made the USB power setting changes

Put the computer to sleep, if the charging stops there is not enough power coming from the USB port to continue charging.
In this case the USB interface chip in the SU6 can hang due to insufficient USB power if you put the computer to sleep
This requires a plug/unplug to reset.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2021 at 9:05 AM Post #635 of 1,018
I ordered an AF200 with a pair of Crystek CCHD-957 clocks. I have a Transparent AES/EBU cable which I hope to use between the AF200 and my DAC. I’ll let you know how I make out.
Update - I installed Xing AF200 upgraded with Crystek CCHD-957 clocks ($269 Aliexpress) along with a seperate 5V power supply (LHY Audio USB 3.0 HiFi Purifier Signal Filtering Noise 25W, $151 Aliexpress) connected to my DAC with Transparent AES/EBU digital cable - easily exceeds expectations - primarily a wider and deeper soundstage. I hear more detail; I can pick out separate instruments on complex passages whereas before it was just blended together. The noise floor is lower, but it was fairly low before. Highly recommended. I am streaming Qobuz from a mid-2015 MacBook Pro without issue - no freezing or halting.
**Note: I also installed a Xingsane SA-1000 AC power conditioner ($129.98 Aliexpress) and Qincrown's version of Snake Shunyata AC power cables ($80.19 Aliexpress) both of which favorably contributed.

Oct 27, 2021 at 8:16 AM Post #636 of 1,018
The AF200 is configured using Windows software instead of dipswitches
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001338221671.html
Hi mate, I recently bought Af200, updated the newest firmware from Xingcore.

For optical and coaxial output, Af200 works well (Foobar 2k sings flawlessly after changing output to Asio/Wasapi Xingcore usb device).

But only hiss and noise coming from I2S although I have configured exactly the same as you. I use 2 hdmi cables that work well in watching movies. My DAC is Gustard X16. Could you have any advice? Thanks

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2021 at 10:03 PM Post #637 of 1,018
Hi mate, I recently bought Af200, updated the newest firmware from Xingcore.

For optical and coaxial output, Af200 works well (Foobar 2k sings flawlessly after changing output to Asio/Wasapi Xingcore usb device).

But only hiss and noise coming from I2S although I have configured exactly the same as you. I use 2 hdmi cables that work well in watching movies. My DAC is Gustard X16. Could you have any advice? Thanks
This is out of topic, Singxer does not make the AF200, start a new discussion thread.
I will add my comments there.

Dec 15, 2021 at 12:52 PM Post #638 of 1,018
Looking to buy my first DDC to pair with my BlueSound Node (2021). Considering the following models:

SU-1 KTE ~ $500
SU-2 Non KTE ~ $400
SU-6 ~ $700
Matrix Spdif-2 ~ $400

Any thoughts for the price which one would be the "best" performer?

Secondly BlueSound is still working through some issues with their 2021 model's USB output capability but promised a "fix" is coming soon. However they did comment "Yesterday’s update did not include USB DAC output, not from lack of trying though and we are still looking to add it very shortly. That being said, it is very unlikely it will support I2S."

Is BS just fixes their USB output is it correct that any of the above DDCs will work and reclock the signal to make the I2S output work? Or for the DDCs to pair they need something from BS to make the connection work?

Dec 15, 2021 at 4:40 PM Post #639 of 1,018
Looking to buy my first DDC to pair with my BlueSound Node (2021). Considering the following models:

SU-1 KTE ~ $500
SU-2 Non KTE ~ $400
SU-6 ~ $700
Matrix Spdif-2 ~ $400

Any thoughts for the price which one would be the "best" performer?

Secondly BlueSound is still working through some issues with their 2021 model's USB output capability but promised a "fix" is coming soon. However they did comment "Yesterday’s update did not include USB DAC output, not from lack of trying though and we are still looking to add it very shortly. That being said, it is very unlikely it will support I2S."

Is BS just fixes their USB output is it correct that any of the above DDCs will work and reclock the signal to make the I2S output work? Or for the DDCs to pair they need something from BS to make the connection work?
check also

GUSTARD U18

https://shenzhenaudio.com/collectio...oise-clock-synthesizer-dsd512-pcm768khz-xu216

Dec 15, 2021 at 4:55 PM Post #640 of 1,018
Haven't heard any of the others, but I've been very satisfied with the SU-6. Performance out of the box was higher than expected, and later on when I decided to switch to a linear power supply it just took everything up another level still.

Idk if it's been mentioned in this thread yet for any current owners, but in my system the SU-6 is responding really well to EMI/RFI absorption. I sat a sheet of 3M AB7050HF on top of the lid as a test and got a pretty noticeable increase in detail and expanded (read:exploded) soundstage, without any drawbacks that I've noticed after a week. There's a thread over on the PS Audio forums where people are using this stuff in their regenerators with comparable results.

Dec 15, 2021 at 10:50 PM Post #641 of 1,018
Idk if it's been mentioned in this thread yet for any current owners, but in my system the SU-6 is responding really well to EMI/RFI absorption. I sat a sheet of 3M AB7050HF on top of the lid as a test and got a pretty noticeable increase in detail and expanded (read:exploded) soundstage, without any drawbacks that I've noticed after a week.
The TI galvanic isolators Singxer used is quite noisy, it uses a high frequency carrier wave to get data across the isolation barrier.
These devices were not designed for low noise, rather provides isolation from high voltage.

There is considerable room for improvement here, the RF absorbers are the first step.
The isolators themselves can be replaced with ones that do not use this method of sending data across the isolation barrier eg GMR isolators.

TI describes the principle of operation below, TX In is the data coming in to the isolation barrier, RX out is the data leaving the isolation barrier.
IsolatorDataModulation.png

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2022 at 12:20 PM Post #643 of 1,018
Better late to the party than never...:L3000:. Was already late but it has been solid this past 2 years...Pairing it with my Android TV device using UAPP. As he noted with his RPI, any standard streamer + SU6 (or any nice DDC) makes a badass combo.

Feb 4, 2022 at 5:51 PM Post #644 of 1,018
Hello guys,
I've ordered one SU-6 for me as well and I'm in research for a way to connect it to my DSP (Waf Najda).
Can you help me choose the best way to connect it via I2S (I assume the HDMI output is the best one)?
This is the pinout of the DSP (Page 5 -> "I.6. Expansion Port 1 Pinning") - http://web.archive.org/web/20160422180735/http://waf-audio.com/doc/Najda/Najda_Startup_Guide.pdf
I was thinking to buy a very high-quality HDMI cable with lots of shielding and cutting its end and connecting directly the wires to the board pin header, but I don't know which twisted pairs of the cable to use...

Feb 5, 2022 at 5:58 PM Post #645 of 1,018
Hello guys,
I've ordered one SU-6 for me as well and I'm in research for a way to connect it to my DSP (Waf Najda).
Can you help me choose the best way to connect it via I2S (I assume the HDMI output is the best one)?
This is the pinout of the DSP (Page 5 -> "I.6. Expansion Port 1 Pinning") - http://web.archive.org/web/20160422180735/http://waf-audio.com/doc/Najda/Najda_Startup_Guide.pdf
I was thinking to buy a very high-quality HDMI cable with lots of shielding and cutting its end and connecting directly the wires to the board pin header, but I don't know which twisted pairs of the cable to use...
Your DSP goes up to 192kHz sampling, best and easiest option is SPDIF RCA coax output of the SU6

If you want to use HDMI you will need to know the the signal levels and type (eg TTL, LVTTL, HCMOS etc) your DSP board uses.

HDMI output on the SU6 uses LVDS signalling, signal levels are too low to drive conventional logic input, you need to add a LVDS receiver.
Below is the ADN4666 my DAC uses
11596075.jpeg

If have an understanding of electronics, Audiophonics offers an interface board for I2S LVDS input.
In order to use this you need to check your DSP board's input requirements.
https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/diy-interfaces/i2s-to-hdmi-i2s-module-board-p-10754.html

SU6 also has the RJ45 I2S output, contact Singxer directly for info to see what you need to do to interface this to your DSP.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back