Singxer SA-1 / Balanced Amplifier Fully Discrete Class A - beyond THX 888 ?!
Dec 13, 2021 at 8:50 PM Post #1,741 of 2,563
@hottyson That Signature block of yours! 🏆
IMG_2025.jpg

Sorry to derail the thread, but this is what I have hooked up tonight.

Dec 14, 2021 at 5:16 AM Post #1,744 of 2,563
To eliminate the possibility of poor power supply, can you connect another amplifier to the same outlet?
I just turned it on again - no whistling sound. I'm just wondering if the noise was caused by overheating. The amp gets warm with daily use, but I don't think it's hot.

Dec 14, 2021 at 10:50 AM Post #1,745 of 2,563
ve great confidence in my Rebel Audio amp manufactured in the Ukraine. I have four Ray Samuels headphone amplifiers made in the USA with the oldest one over one and a half decades old and still going strong (18 years). I also have three Beyerdynamic amplifiers that are manufactured in Germany. My two headphone amplifiers made by Headamp here in the USA are also bullet proof. Those four brands are very trustworthy and I have confidence in them having long lifespans.

Is there a retailer for rebel amps in the EU?

Quality control and lifespan is a reason why I stay away from topping and hifiman.

Dec 15, 2021 at 12:30 AM Post #1,746 of 2,563
I just turned it on again - no whistling sound. I'm just wondering if the noise was caused by overheating. The amp gets warm with daily use, but I don't think it's hot.
It is unlikely that the noise is caused by overheating. It was very hot for me this summer. The amplifier was heating up very much, it was not comfortable to hold your hand (65 degrees or higher). There was no noise. If there is noise again, try plugging another amplifier into the same outlet. If the noise is repeated on another amplifier, it means that the problem is unstable electrical power supply of the network.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2021 at 12:37 AM Post #1,747 of 2,563
Is there a retailer for rebel amps in the EU?

Quality control and lifespan is a reason why I stay away from topping and hifiman.
Purchase is from the Rebel Amp website only.

Dec 15, 2021 at 3:34 AM Post #1,749 of 2,563
IMG_2025.jpg
Sorry to derail the thread, but this is what I have hooked up tonight.
Looks to be tube magic! God I miss tubes. What is your favorite? Any recommendations? :grimacing:

Dec 15, 2021 at 9:16 AM Post #1,750 of 2,563
Looks to be tube magic! God I miss tubes. What is your favorite? Any recommendations? :grimacing:
I love them all! But if we are talking about favorite as far as value, then the Darkvoice 336SE and Little Dot MKIII are super FUN sounding amps for the money. The Darkvoice when found for $200 and add about $20 in tubes gets some magic going on the cheap and probably edges the MKIII out on value. However, having a variety of tube amps and plugging into each on the fly is the way to go. Mullard tubes seem to have been my most listened tubes of late. Not that they are the best, just that the headphones that I have been listening to seem to gel well with them.

Dec 27, 2021 at 11:05 PM Post #1,753 of 2,563

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2022 at 6:49 AM Post #1,755 of 2,563
they sounds amazing, but sometimes too bright to my taste and music playlist
Try the High-Z, will soft the sound

Users who are viewing this thread

Back