Singxer SA-1 / Balanced Amplifier Fully Discrete Class A - beyond THX 888 ?!
Apr 15, 2021 at 12:35 PM Post #421 of 2,563
Give the SA-1 some days it will improve a bit (I could even reduce the volume after some days of use with the same headphones and source connected).
Yea getting sound off a headphone and power it properly is something different:)
I hate to say it but I thought it also seemed to get a bit louder as I have been using it. I thought it was me or that I accidentally turned the DAC volume down (Gustard X16).

Apr 15, 2021 at 2:16 PM Post #423 of 2,563
that is gonna be the next feature, for the next vagon into the hype train: class A amp, powerful, and with 3 gain levels, and the switch on the front. For the schiit jot 3 will have that feature too. power still on the back for the jot3 though. Jot 7 has power switch on the front, 2030.

Apr 15, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #424 of 2,563
that is gonna be the next feature, for the next vagon into the hype train: class A amp, powerful, and with 3 gain levels, and the switch on the front. For the schiit jot 3 will have that feature too. power still on the back for the jot3 though. Jot 7 has power switch on the front, 2030.
Can someone explain how will I miss the 3 stage gain? For example I will pairing with the Arya. Will the volume be able to get to 110db and more...very loud?

Apr 15, 2021 at 3:48 PM Post #425 of 2,563
you might not miss it, for some people though, apparently, low gain is too low and high gain is too high. not a problem with 3 level stages for same wattage.

but again, maybe you do not need a middle setting.

Apr 15, 2021 at 7:00 PM Post #426 of 2,563
Yes from my understanding dedicated music streamers uses low jitter components or methods to reduce the noises from the ports. Link is for the one I ordered along with the upgraded Shanti power supply. https://allo.com/sparky/usbridge-signature-player.html
I get my allo in a week. I'm going from pc audirvana to pc / laptop as host for audirvana, streaming from allo usbridge to D90 via USB

Apr 15, 2021 at 7:21 PM Post #427 of 2,563
I get my allo in a week. I'm going from pc audirvana to pc / laptop as host for audirvana, streaming from allo usbridge to D90 via USB
Very nice. Hope this streamer makes a sonic difference. Love to hear your initial feedback as you will probably receive it much sooner than me.

Apr 15, 2021 at 7:40 PM Post #428 of 2,563
I just wanted a streamer so I can move my laptop from the music desk. I would love to hear an improvement but skeptical.

Apr 15, 2021 at 7:47 PM Post #430 of 2,563
I just wanted a streamer so I can move my laptop from the music desk. I would love to hear an improvement but skeptical.
There should be a sonic difference but I'm not sure how much. Because the laptop/desktop computer circuitry is noisy vs dedicated audio streamers aiming for audio objective. That is what I hear and my motivation to change my chain setup. Also I hear that the Moose Audio player OS for the Raspberry Pi which this streamer is built on is a very good sonically audio player. So will be a fun experiment!

Apr 15, 2021 at 9:36 PM Post #432 of 2,563
It's funny. I don't like the Schiit house sound but I like their designs. Front panel with too many buttons, switchs or words is just a bad idea to my eyes.
3 levels of gain is just a gimmick imo

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2021 at 10:41 PM Post #433 of 2,563
Thanks for the observation. I have a THX AAA 987 paired with a Chord Qutest and Sony MDR Z1R, Sennheiser HD 660s as well as CA Solaris. I am wondering if the SA-1 would be a worthwhile upgrade to have that Class A experience? What do others think?

everything is a gimmick brother, everything.

that being said 3 levels of gain it's like a car of 3 gears... could be 2, could be 4 gears. Far from a gimmick really, but anyways, to each brain it's own understandings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back