Singlepower's Response
Oct 22, 2004 at 5:21 AM Post #106 of 211
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
Maybe we should use your quail powercord on them then
biggrin.gif

Heh, it's already a quiet amp, who needs a better power cord?
tongue.gif

I actually wish I had one that I could take somewhere and have looked at, just so we can put this whole sordid affair to rest.

Any volunteers in the peanut gallery?

Oct 22, 2004 at 5:26 AM Post #107 of 211
Quote:

Originally Posted by strohmie
Heh, it's already a quiet amp, who needs a better power cord?
tongue.gif

I actually wish I had one that I could take somewhere and have looked at, just so we can put this whole sordid affair to rest.

Any volunteers in the peanut gallery?

Too late!
CPW

Oct 22, 2004 at 5:44 AM Post #109 of 211
Quote:

It wasn't the amplifier critique idea I was disturbed by -- it was the acerbic tone and the obvious distaste for this thread as a whole. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not trying to persecute anyone.

Oh right, sorry I didn't get that bit. Well if he had left out the latter remark, he would have a constructive and valid point. It doesn't bother me if people start getting "funny". BTW what does acerbic mean. I get the tone bit but what does that mean??????

mikeg>I think you have a point. How you put it across doesn't concern me. But for the interests of you helping singlepower and their amps to redeem themselves you need to calm down. I have no problem with you and respect your opinions. Just trying to keep an open mind on the issue. Kind Regards

Oct 22, 2004 at 6:09 AM Post #110 of 211
Perhaps the following disclaimer should come with all tube headphone amplifiers.

ACHTUNG - ALLES KOPFPHONERLISTENERS

Alles kopfphonerlisteners non-technischens! Das tubenmachine is nicht for gefengerpoken und mittengrabben. Oderwise is easy schnappen der springenverk, blowenfus, und poppencap, mit spitzensparken, und smokentubes. Geverken inside der tubenmachine is fur der experten only. Is nicht fur geverken inside by das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken amateuren keepen das cotton-picken hands in das pockets. Just relaxen, enjoyen der musik, und vatchen das pretty glowentubes.

Oct 22, 2004 at 6:12 AM Post #111 of 211
Dude...I have milk coming out of my nose. That's *classic.*

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkmelt
Perhaps the following disclaimer should come with all tube headphone amplifiers.

Alles kopfphonerlisteners non-technischens! Das tubenmachine is nicht for gefengerpoken und mittengrabben. Oderwise is easy schnappen der springenverk, blowenfus, und poppencap, mit spitzensparken. Gewerken inside der tubenmachine is fur der experten only. Is nicht fur geverken inside by das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken amateuren keepen das cotton-picken hands in das pockets. Just relaxen, enjoyen der musik, und vatchen das pretty glowentubes.

Oct 22, 2004 at 6:36 AM Post #112 of 211
It was reported that Singlepower claimed SET (I don't know if it was actually claimed) but that it was push-pull. Any clarification of this aspect?

BTW, I prefer PP to SET at this stage of my life
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 22, 2004 at 6:58 AM Post #113 of 211
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeg
Although you may be right in your analysis, I'd really like to know the basis/depth of your qualifications and expertise for providing such a critical analysis of the pictured circuitry.

Hi mike:

I'm not sure how deep your qualifications have to go to say, "The workmanship simply appears to be quick, sloppy, potentially unreliable and possibly unsafe for the reasons Braillediver described." But for the record, I am not an amp maker, but a hobby builder of pulse width modulators, stepper motor speed controls, LED flashlights, and telescope control systems.

My core argument from the beginning (speaking from my marketing background) has been that the internal photos of the amp do not inspire confidence in Singlepower's products, at least for me and a few others here on the forums. Rather, they raise concerns about quality and perceived value--things I know a little more about. My point has been that when your product looks sloppy, random, fragile, and possibly even dangerous, it matters little if it is actually otherwise. It is what the customer or potential customer thinks. I'm fully qualified to assume that role, as is anyone else.

But before I go (again), let me say that the almost single-voiced defense of Singlepower products by owners of its products, Mikhail's demonstated iron-clad satisfaction guarantee, the numerous reports saying these amps sound truly awesome (especially at their price points), the fact I can only uncover one report where a connection failed, the lack of solid proof these don't meet Class A specifications, and the simple fact that they are darn good looking on the outside has me reconsidering my less measured knee-jerk disgust at seeing the amateurish-looking insides.

In other words, I think I may eventually go through with my plans to purchase a Singlepower for my own use. I'm a sucker for value and agree to a large degree that it is the sound that matters. As a potential future customer, it would be even better if Singlepower responds to the concerns voiced here on this forum and cleans up the insides of their amps. And that has been the whole point, has it not?

And now, in the spirit of trying to inject more humor into this thread, please identify Singlepower's signature point-to-point wiring from the following photos:

[size=large]A - [/size]
pro1inside.jpg

[size=large]B - [/size]
kgtubeelectro_25.jpg

[size=large]C - [/size]
1098035163.jpg

[size=large]D - [/size]
8266bad_wiring_haha_01.jpg

icon10.gif

Oct 22, 2004 at 7:00 AM Post #114 of 211
Quote:

Alles kopfphonerlisteners non-technischens! Das tubenmachine is nicht for gefengerpoken und mittengrabben. Oderwise is easy schnappen der springenverk, blowenfus, und poppencap, mit spitzensparken. Gewerken inside der tubenmachine is fur der experten only. Is nicht fur geverken inside by das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken amateuren keepen das cotton-picken hands in das pockets. Just relaxen, enjoyen der musik, und vatchen das pretty glowentubes.

I give you my sincerest thanks for giving me the best laugh I've had this week.

Oct 22, 2004 at 7:00 AM Post #115 of 211
The Maestro ZR amplifier purchased from Mikhail of Single Power is in a class of its own. This is the best dynamic headphone amplifier that I have ever heard. It is magical with the Qualia 010's and the R10's. The Sennheiser 650's reached a level of performance that I doubted was achievable with those headphones.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that my Maestro ZR is superior to the sound produced by the Orpheus HEV90 amplifier. (I also own that amp.)

The Maestro ZR’s sound images appear from a completely black background. I use the word images because the Maestro paints the performances within my head. The sound is unbelievably rich and full. The music is both layered and airy.

I have read many unusual posts regarding Single Power amplifiers. One thing that cannot be rationally questioned is their sound. Mikhail’s amplifiers, with the right headphones and the right source, will make the hair on the back of your neck stand up. They are that exhilarating. This why I am an audiophile.

I hope that all Head-Fi participants are involved for that reason. It has been disturbing to think otherwise.

Oct 22, 2004 at 7:05 AM Post #116 of 211
I know what the first three pictures are of. But I don't have a clue what the last one was. It looks like a box of electrical stuff just tipped out or is it first DIY project (no offense).

Oct 22, 2004 at 7:13 AM Post #117 of 211
Quote:

Originally Posted by mkmelt

That was great
biggrin.gif
Really glad to see some humor injected into these threads.

Oct 22, 2004 at 7:16 AM Post #118 of 211
I took the opportunity and injected your piece of comedic genius into my sig. I hope you don't mind.
tongue.gif

Oct 22, 2004 at 7:43 AM Post #119 of 211
Quote:

Originally Posted by donovansmith
Really glad to see some humor injected into these threads.

At the expense of ethnic minorities, I should like to add...

Sigh, I'm afraid we cannot rid ourselves of these stereotypes any more, can we?!?

Humor ist, wenn man trotzdem lacht, so I'm laughing too.

icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

[It WAS rather funny, I must admit. Reminded me of the Monty Python 2nd world war lethal joke sketch.]

Oct 22, 2004 at 7:45 AM Post #120 of 211
Quote:

The first thread on this subject, on the matter of posting pictures of the internals, was because an owner had an internal problem with his amp and wanted to try to fix it himself (when really he just should have contacted Mikhail directly). So the idea that the amps "do not break" is inaccurate. Then again, everything breaks, does it not?
tongue.gif

The person that posted the first thread was not an owner, the amp was a demo unit and we all know how demo products get treated. Considering this wasn't his property and it is clearly marked as having no user servicable parts I don't think it was his place to be going inside the amp to fix anything in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back