Singlepower Tube Amps
Dec 16, 2003 at 5:59 PM Post #16 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by briana
The new look is great and I wonder if I ordered at the wrong time, getting one of the last of the all metal MPX3s. But now that I've got it up on brass cones (the feet it came with weren't level, besides being quite small) it looks pretty formidable (and the sound is tighter). There are arguments to be made for both styles and I would guess the newer, more conventional style might be easier to resell.

Which cones are you using, and where'd you get them? I've been thinking about different feet for my MPX3. Was it a difficult installation?

Dec 17, 2003 at 2:00 AM Post #17 of 31
Can the PPX3's sound be changed signifigantly by some tuberolling? If I wanted a brighter, thinner sound, for example, would that be possible with tuberolling?

Dec 17, 2003 at 2:37 AM Post #18 of 31
Is Mikhail no longer offering the SDS (the amp owned by tom hankins and others)? The info kindly posted by tortie does not mention an SDS.

I ask because my budget could possibly stretch a bit over the Supra price, but not up to the Maestro
eek.gif
wink.gif

Dec 18, 2003 at 1:18 AM Post #23 of 31
Carlo
I'm using Oehlbach cones. They're made in Germany and I bought them here in Korea, where I live. I did not replace the original feet--to do that you have to remove the bottom plate and I didn't want to do that. Besides, Mikail advised against it, recommending cones.

Dec 18, 2003 at 3:16 PM Post #25 of 31
I'd just like to say that the supra has got to be the sexiest looking amp out there... the only thing that is holding me back right now is the cost... I just got into this hobby and dont feel comfortable dropping that much on it yet... but perhaps in the future... until then, my dreams will have to suffice...
smily_headphones1.gif

[speaking of tube amps... I really like the one that arteitle made as well... I tried to find the pics of it, but it looks like the links died]

Dec 18, 2003 at 9:23 PM Post #26 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by busaganashi
I love my MPX3 but I'm seriuosly thinking about buying a Supra or even Maestro.

Ditto, only if I have that kind of cash lying around...

Dec 19, 2003 at 12:18 AM Post #27 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by mbratrud
I too am interested in knowing if the SDS is still produced and what differs from a Supra.

I emailed Mikhail about this and I just updated his answer in my original post.

Dec 19, 2003 at 4:10 AM Post #29 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by lengcm
Any idea if the Maetro can power any speakers?

No the Maestro Zr is a preamp/headphone amp but Mikhail has some poweramps in the works but that will be in the future.

Dec 19, 2003 at 7:01 PM Post #30 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by Hirsch
Mikhail has come a long way since building the Supra in my avatar...which was the very first one. I wouldn't trade it for anything. Simply a stunning amp.
smily_headphones1.gif

You may have posted it in an earlier thread a few months ago, but what do you think of the Single Power amps with your R 10s? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back