Singlepower Extreme Platinum
Mar 10, 2016 at 11:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

ALLENR

New Head-Fier
Hi,
I purchased the unit in May of 2007 with the intention of exploring the differences in tube sound.
I listened to it for a little and other things became more pressing in life as they sometimes do. Later the information was discovered about the construction problems with these units, so I boxed it up and left it. I have been absent from this site since 2010, renewed my interests in the topics here and wish to continue with this hobby. I have read the threads associated with these units and contacted Pro Digital in Pennsylvania. I was quoted what I feel is fair for peace of mind and to be able to use the amp. I will send it to them for rework next week. My questions to any and all of you are. Should I have any other things done to it when it is out for repair?
Like replacing sockets, jacks, or pots? I really don't know what to ask for other than correct the solder as necessary and rewire/replace the transformer if needed. I only want to do this once and don't want my ignorance to keep me from doing it the right way.
I listened to it last week with a pair of Master and Dynamic MH40s, it was dead quiet and sounded great. It did not get hot but a little warm. Nothing like my Cary V12  or ASL 1010.
Thank you for any help you might be willing to give me.
Ron

Users who are viewing this thread

Back