Singlepower Extreme or EC Zana Deux?
Apr 12, 2007 at 10:21 AM Post #46 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by PsychoZX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I personally don't think they were on completely different levels. While the Zana is probably technically better overall I preferred the presentation of the Extreme. Both are great amps and well all have different tastes and opinions so when It boils down it is up to the individual to go after the sound that he/she prefers.

I chose the Extreme beacuse I slightly preferred its presentation and the fact that it does the best job with K1000s of any headphone amp I've ever heard. Although I will say that I think my impression of the Zana being slightly bright and aggressive up top was due to the Rega Apollo that was sourcing it. I noticed a similar brightness with the Raptor that was also hooked up to it. Like I said before though they only my impressions from spending a few hours with them at a meet, take them with a grain of salt.

Joe, the Extreme made sense for you since the K1000 is your primary can, as it is quickly becoming for me.
k1000smile.gif

Apr 12, 2007 at 1:42 PM Post #47 of 52
Thanks for the extended and detailed meet observations. These are particularly pertinent as I too plan to use a Rega Apollo for the source.

Thanks to everyone for their observations and recommendations. I’ll be traveling this next week and will have some time to consider and make my decision.

Best regards,
Steve

Apr 12, 2007 at 3:27 PM Post #48 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by 909 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did the Apollo source the Extreme too?

We moved it over to the apollo for a little while but for the most part the extreme was sourced by a Exemplar modded denon.

Apr 15, 2007 at 4:15 AM Post #49 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by PsychoZX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We moved it over to the apollo for a little while but for the most part the extreme was sourced by a Exemplar modded denon.

Sorry, I am a bit confused. So you had one source most of the time for the Extreme, and the Apollo for the Zana? Wouldn't it have been better for you to evaluate the true differences using the same source?
Regardless, thanks for your detailed impressions they help alot.

Apr 15, 2007 at 4:21 AM Post #50 of 52
That singlepower extreme that nikongod has selling is pretty hottness.

Apr 15, 2007 at 5:28 AM Post #51 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by velogreg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wouldn't it have been better for you to evaluate the true differences using the same source?
Regardless, thanks for your detailed impressions they help alot.

They were on the same source for little while, but like I said these are only meet impressions so take them with a grain of salt. I just thought they might be helpful to someone none the less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back