SinglePower ES1 The Real Deal!
Mar 31, 2006 at 1:49 AM Post #31 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker
1-2 at least!
I'm still working on the HE-60's but someone keeps beating me to the punch. I will lose my loaner O2's after the meet...how will I cope
basshead.gif
? I might actually have to buy a pair...again
eek.gif
2nd time will be a charm.

You'll get your HE60s soon enough. I have a feeling..
tongue.gif

Mar 31, 2006 at 1:49 AM Post #32 of 49
Quote:

1-2 at least!
I'm still working on the HE-60's but someone keeps beating me to the punch. I will lose my loaner O2's after the meet...how will I cope
basshead.gif
? I might actually have to buy a pair...again
eek.gif
2nd time will be a charm.

You don't have HE60's? At least you have your health.
biggrin.gif

Mar 31, 2006 at 1:53 AM Post #33 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
You don't have HE60's? At least you have your health.
biggrin.gif

That's true...but from all I did in the '70's...I feel as if I have some sort of channel imbalance
basshead.gif

I only get channel 69 once in a while.
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 31, 2006 at 1:56 AM Post #34 of 49
Quote:

That's true...but from all I did in the '70's...I feel as if I have some sort of channel imbalance
basshead.gif

I only get channel 69 once in a while.
evil_smiley.gif

You have bigger problems than no HE60.
icon10.gif

Mar 31, 2006 at 2:01 AM Post #35 of 49
Actually the repair woman was looking over my shoulder as I was writing it, and she said she will call in a service ticket tomorrow and I should get that channel back sometime in the next 24 hours.

Better than 1-800 Mattress, no?

Mar 31, 2006 at 2:02 AM Post #36 of 49
Quote:

Actually the repair woman was looking over my shoulder as I was writing it, and she said she will call in a service ticket tomorrow and I should get that channel back sometime in the next 24 hours.

Better than 1-800 Mattress, no?

Now your talking. Back on topic, how about that ES-1.

Mar 31, 2006 at 2:58 AM Post #37 of 49
This thread really deteriorated quickly. I think it all started when the Icelanders were mentioned.

Mar 31, 2006 at 3:01 AM Post #38 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by erikzen
This thread really deteriorated quickly. I think it all started when the Icelanders were mentioned.

That should come as no surprise.

Mar 31, 2006 at 4:32 AM Post #39 of 49
Quote:

Say hi for me and tell her I love her brownies!
tongue.gif

Mar 31, 2006 at 4:55 AM Post #40 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by bozebuttons
They will both be hooked up to my EMM labs gear at the National meet.

Rangers put the final nail in the coffin for the Islanders chance at a playoff spot last night
frown.gif

People have occasionally looked at me as tho' I have 2 heads -- so I should be able to effectively hog both amps at the same time [droooool...].
orphsmile.gif

Hearty Congrats!!!

(I'm staying outta the hockey rink here -- I'd hate ta get clotheslined online.)

Mar 31, 2006 at 2:17 PM Post #41 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
Now your talking. Back on topic, how about that ES-1.

I will get more listening time in over the weekend,I have not turned it on been busy at night with other things,Afraid to turn it on late at night because I know once I start listening, I won't be able to turn it off for at least 3 cds worth.

More to come later....

Apr 1, 2006 at 1:48 AM Post #42 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by giovanni
do they have more cups than the NYR ?

And yes of course, NYR vs Islanders is always exciting, but I meant purely from the point of view of a mesure of performance. We all want to compare ourselves to the best , no ?

gio

The New York Rangers were put together by the lengendary Conn Smythe who then left to for the Toronto Maple leafs.

In the New York Rangers incarnation they do not have more cups then the Isles.

Before that New york had a team known as the New York Americans.

Until their cup win 1994 led by Mark Messier and co. They did not win a cup for over 40 years. The drought was known as the curse of 1947(?). When a headcoach or player IIRC was traded or sacked and he claimed that the Rangers would never win a cup.

In the 1994 the mvp in the playoffs was Brian Leetch, who was also the highest scoring defenseman in the regular season and also the last defensive player to breake the 100 point mark.

My highlight of the Rangers fruitless march to the promised lands was when Bryan Trottier was head coach....
very_evil_smiley.gif

New York Isles won 4 consecutive cups in 1980,81,82,83. The 4 mvp's in those playoffs were Trottier (19), Goring(91), Bossy(22) and Smith(31) I think.

So how does the Es-1 differ to the hev90? Is it a tonality thing or more a case of transparency and absolute detail retrieval.

Also I was wondering how does the hev90 match up to the Es-1 pace wise?

Apr 1, 2006 at 2:33 AM Post #43 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by erikzen

Erik,

Is it true that you might go with some electrostats? Whatever you decide, stay away from Stax Lamda Pros!
You really need to spend more money than they go for. The logic being the more you pay...the better it sounds.
America is a great country.
Dan

Apr 1, 2006 at 2:38 AM Post #44 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by bozebuttons
I will get more listening time in over the weekend,I have not turned it on been busy at night with other things,Afraid to turn it on late at night because I know once I start listening, I won't be able to turn it off for at least 3 cds worth.

More to come later....

Hey Tom,

Not three Cds of middle age female jazz vocalist recorded properly. Juice it up...you ain't that old yet.

PS...New HE90s and gray haired owner available for your every beck and call...anytime. Just PM
Dan

Apr 1, 2006 at 3:24 AM Post #45 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyandelyse
Erik,

Is it true that you might go with some electrostats? Whatever you decide, stay away from Stax Lamda Pros!
You really need to spend more money than they go for. The logic being the more you pay...the better it sounds.
America is a great country.
Dan

That is just a lie perpetrated by the Platinum Triangle and the Military-Entertainment Complex. I would never buy a set of electrostatic headphones as it goes against my ideology.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back