Jul 16, 2021 at 8:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Pott

100+ Head-Fier
Recently I've been keeping the following IEMs in my rotation:
* UM 3DT (favorites)
* CFA Andromeda
* Noble x Drop K10
* ThieAudio Clairvoyance

I honestly love all of them. But it does make me feel that I'm kind of 'done' with BA/hybrid type IEMs. These cover everything I love.

The only thing I'm missing may be a good single-DD IEM.
Budget: < 1k (no Seenheiser IE900...)
Genres: technical and extreme metal or French variety music (Chanson Francaise)
Source: Spotify, highest possible quality, with external DAC and amp (the types of which vary but it's not super important here)
Priority: Coherence, power, midrange, treble, with bass being last. Clarity is nice but not a dealbreaker, since I do not listen to Lossless and do not wish to hear the encoding (you'll notice my current IEMs are mid-fi, specifically to fit within that constraint)

What I looked at:
* Sennheiser IE300 (a little on the cheaper side of things vs. my tone epectations)
* Shozy Black Hole (unable to try)
* CFA Atlas: which I own, and really did not enjoy
* CFA Vega 2020: read-up a ton and it may not suit my needs much
* ... eh... what else is out there?

Cheers for any recommendations, ESPECIALLY if you have some of these IEMs above :)

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2021 at 9:56 PM Post #2 of 3
Just curious why only a single DD?

Jul 17, 2021 at 1:26 AM Post #3 of 3
Ooops. A good question indeed.

1) it's something I don't currently have, at least not in a format I like. It'd be a different tonal flavor
2) I usually do like the general coherence you get from single-driver IEMs, and I own a single-BA IEM already (the Etymotic ER4XR)

What I have in my rotation covers multiple DDs, multiple BAs, and hybrid. So single DD is a gaping hole in there.

I forgot that the Oriolus Isabellae just came-out and are single DDs as well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back