singing bowls
Dec 24, 2012 at 8:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

jamesleroy

New Head-Fier
Have any of you spent any time using your cans to listen to singing bowls or meditatiional type music?  I often do and find it quite relazing and satisfying.  Any thoughts on this?

Jan 16, 2013 at 2:31 AM Post #2 of 3
Jonathan Goldman has a cd called Crystal Bowl Chakra Chants and it is 7 tracks long. Each track has sounds from a crystal bowl corresponding to the 7 chakras. I've mainly been listening to it on my speakers because I've heard comments about how the tracks are most effective in this way. Something to do with the air in the space between the listener and the source of the singing bowl vibrations. It did seem like playing it on speakers was different for me, being able to feel the vibration everywhere instead of only on my ears.

The first time I ever listened to it I sat for 30minutes or so in silence while bringing my awareness to my body, and THEN put the cd on. I let it play completely through (It's 1.2 hours long altogether) and by the end of it my entire opinion on subtle energy systems and chakras was changed. I would have NEVER believed it if I hadn't experienced it personally so I'm very understanding of skepticism. Also, I'm not religious and I have a passion for science and consider myself a skeptical and critical thinker.

I'd definitely say check it out if you're at all interested in chakra singing bowls, or becoming more in tune with your own self.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back