singer's voices don't sound 100% whole and natural in Microlab solo6c speakers(?)
Nov 5, 2013 at 8:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

danielcrow

New Head-Fier
hey..

(not a great english speaker..)

i bought the Microlab solo6c speakers.i find them realy great with great sound quaility!!
but!!..- i've noticed that the singer's voices are not whole,like somthing is missing.. in all geners,rock,pop,classic,jazz etc..
Has anybody else noticed that?

why is that?
 as alternative,if i'll sell my solo6c, which speakers would you recomand me that the singer voices are complitly whole and clear? and of course the other alements important too, nice bass would be nice..

how r these?

m-audio av40
audioengine a2

please help me.. :wink:

Nov 5, 2013 at 8:52 PM Post #2 of 13
May be loose connection or short circuit...check out the cables.

Nov 5, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #4 of 13
 as alternative,if i'll sell my solo6c, which speakers would you recomand me that the singer voices are complitly whole and clear? and of course the other alements important too, nice bass would be nice..

how r these?

m-audio av40
audioengine a2

please help me.. :wink:

I think your expectations might be exceeding your current budget. Speakers like the solo6c and the others you are considering are budget speakers. Go for the Audioengine A5+ or a decent pro studio monitor speaker in the same price range as the A5+.

Nov 6, 2013 at 4:09 AM Post #5 of 13

Audioengine 5+ wayy too expensive for me..

i don't mind giving up a little bass but i want good vocal sound.
won't Audioengine a2 m-audio av40 be good enough?
my room isn't too big so i don't need much louder speakers.

Nov 6, 2013 at 9:12 AM Post #6 of 13
Fostex PM0.4n monitors are in the process of being replaced with a newer model, so you can find some good deals on those.  Musician's Friend has the black ones for $129 (the other colors are still $199) with free shipping. Everywhere else they are around $200, MSRP is $299. Fleabay can get you some really good deals if you are patient.

You might also consider the Monoprice 5" studio monitors for $165, there is a thread on here talking about them and they seem like a really awesome deal.  I would go for either of those options before spending the extra on the A2.

I found a review of HiFiVision that advises turning up the treble to get the your current speakers to be more neutral.  So it sounds like they could really use a bit of equalizing.   The first thing I would do is to try to use an equalizer program and give it a bit of a boost on the top range. You might be able to EQ your speakers into a more natural sound.

http://www.hifivision.com/reviews/22413-cirle-arko-microlabs-solo-6c-100rms-active-speakers.html

Trying a new cable might be in order as well, it can't hurt.  If your cable got damaged or is really poorly designed that could cause some SQ issues as well.

Also check out this thread.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/503088/2-0-speakers-compilation-best-for-500

Nov 6, 2013 at 9:54 AM Post #7 of 13
  Fostex PM0.4n monitors are in the process of being replaced with a newer model, so you can find some good deals on those.  Musician's Friend has the black ones for $129 (the other colors are still $199) with free shipping. Everywhere else they are around $200, MSRP is $299. Fleabay can get you some really good deals if you are patient.

You might also consider the Monoprice 5" studio monitors for $165, there is a thread on here talking about them and they seem like a really awesome deal.  I would go for either of those options before spending the extra on the A2.

I found a review of HiFiVision that advises turning up the treble to get the your current speakers to be more neutral.  So it sounds like they could really use a bit of equalizing.   The first thing I would do is to try to use an equalizer program and give it a bit of a boost on the top range. You might be able to EQ your speakers into a more natural sound.

http://www.hifivision.com/reviews/22413-cirle-arko-microlabs-solo-6c-100rms-active-speakers.html

Trying a new cable might be in order as well, it can't hurt.  If your cable got damaged or is really poorly designed that could cause some SQ issues as well.

Also check out this thread.

tnx for your reply..
the ones you've suggested can't be options cause i can't get them here(israel)
EQ - i tried to ,but still wasn't natural..i beleive good speakers don't need eq.
so i got left with m-audio av40 and a2..
how about Creative Gigaworks T40 2.0 Speakers ?

Nov 6, 2013 at 10:05 AM Post #8 of 13

Audioengine 5+ wayy too expensive for me..

Please don't yell.

i don't mind giving up a little bass but i want good vocal sound.
won't Audioengine a2 m-audio av40 be good enough?
my room isn't too big so i don't need much louder speakers.

Better speakers like the A5+ are not just louder, but they use better quality components and are better designed to give them better overall SQ. The only way I know to guarantee good vocal sound--since that is partly subjective--is to tell you to seek better quality speakers. Simply buying other speakers that are still roughly in the same price range may not achieve your goals.

i beleive good speakers don't need eq.

Then you have to buy good speakers. Under $200 speakers are not considered good speakers; they are budget speakers, and budget speakers invariably make many compromises in their design and construction in order to make them cost effective.

That being said, even good speakers can use EQ because of the influence of room acoustics, although those influences are generally lessened in nearfield use. Even so, professional audio mixing labs still treat their rooms to lessen the effect of room acoustics.

Nov 6, 2013 at 10:05 AM Post #9 of 13
Ah...  Too bad.

You might look at some of swan's offerings.  I've heard the AudioEngine is really well made and sounds pretty good, they are also really small.  It is just somewhat overpriced,  so not something that would interest me.  The AV40 supposedly has better bass response but is less detailed than the Audioengine A2.  They are both supposed to be really good speakers so it is a matter of personal taste and budget.

Also you could look into passive speakers and a small T-amp.  It would take up the same space but with more options available you might be able to get better sound for your money.

Nov 6, 2013 at 11:35 AM Post #10 of 13
haha not yelling, i made copy-past and the size went large :)

1. cheapfi:
when u say "less detailed" what exacly do u mean? 

does the A2 worth it's money and quaility or i can get in the same prize or less a better or a same on?
has anybody heared the solo6c compered to the a2/av40?

Nov 6, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #11 of 13
I was quoting what someone else said.   I suspect they mean they weren't hearing the same level of clarity from the tweeter.  It is probably a pretty close thing.  I haven't heard them in person I am just reporting what others have said.   Personally if you have the money to spare it is worth it...  If you are like me and money is often tight, then you try to squeeze a nickel worth out of every penny.  If you look a little lower in this forum there is a thread with a comparison between most of the speakers we are talking about.  :D

Nov 6, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #12 of 13
One of the best SQ values in that ~ $150 range would be the Pioneer SP-BS22-LR. They end up going down in price to around $100 every so often, so might be on sale later this month or during December. They are passive speakers, so then you need a t-amp to go with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back