Singapore DIYers
Apr 26, 2003 at 2:46 AM Post #16 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by Necroist
I checked out RSComp and tried to insert all the stock numbers given by tangent.

RSComponent doesn't have this :
0.1 ìF 50-plus volt full-size film cap**

Get a 0.22uF Solen cap from Well Audio in Burlington Square instead.

Quote:

And I don't get the following :

Stereo mini jack (3.5mm) 2
Alt. input jacks (RCA; black, white and red) 2 IN
Alt. output jack (1/4" stereo) 1 OUT

You can either have 2 RCA's as input or a 3.5mm stereo jack. Similarly, you can get a ¼" stereo jack for output instead of a 3.5mm stereo jack.
For the ¼" stereo jack, you can get a Neutrik locking jack from either LHS (3nd storey) in Sim Lim Tower or Hung Brothers in SIm Lim Square.

Quote:

And, last question, where you guys get the protoboard here in Singapore?

Sim Lim Tower. Hunt around more. MOst of the stuff you need can be gotten from the basement and the 3rd floor.

May 9, 2003 at 12:19 PM Post #18 of 25
That cap will work fine, presuming it will fit your application. It's not the best type, but it is not the worst, either. It would be a decent place to start.

May 9, 2003 at 2:56 PM Post #19 of 25
If you walk around Sim Ling Tower, there will be one shop selling RS and Farnell items. you need to order and get the items the next working day.

May 11, 2003 at 2:31 PM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by jasonhanjk
If you walk around Sim Ling Tower, there will be one shop selling RS and Farnell items. you need to order and get the items the next working day.

Any idea which shop it is?

May 11, 2003 at 3:20 PM Post #21 of 25
Can't really remember, is it 2nd or third. They would placed Farnell and RS catalogue on their counter. You won't miss them.

FYI, you need to pay RS extra $7.00 shiping fee if you purchase less than $100.00. Starting JUNE this year...
mad.gif

Guess they want to more...

May 12, 2003 at 7:24 AM Post #22 of 25
Why don't you just give RS a call, give them the part no. and they will send to you, that's what I do when I am in Singapore and I always get the parts the next day. No Delivery charges.

I build my META42s

Cheers

May 19, 2003 at 2:08 AM Post #23 of 25
I'm also in Singapore, I finished my cmoy and did a few variants or mutations of it a few months back. recently I've just finished meta 42, problem now is getting the appropriate housing locally. any suggestions guys?

Most of the parts for both projects were sourced locally (sim lim and rs comp) except for cmoy's C1 (0.1uf) and meta's board (ordered from tangent) and meta's C1 (0.22uf). the polypropelene caps for both projects were ordered from digikey, I have a few extra caps, if anyone is interested, I can sell you those extra caps. contact me at junaling@singnet.com.sg

cheers

May 19, 2003 at 1:50 PM Post #24 of 25
What you got there???
biggrin.gif

Forgot to tell you that the Fedaral at 3rd floor sells RS and Farnell product. $7 delivery fee will be imposed soon...

Jun 18, 2022 at 4:52 AM Post #25 of 25
Could you please recommend me decent repair shop there? I want to fix MMCX at two IEMS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back