Sing Song, Play Mahjong! Meetup in the Little Red Dot (Singapore)- April 12, 2015
Apr 13, 2015 at 7:44 AM Post #16 of 28
SE5 Ult was present, there was no Ref there unfortunately.

CT6E had a few fans too- after comparing them side by side, the CT500 and CT6E are clearly from the same family...

Apr 14, 2015 at 8:27 AM Post #18 of 28

I feel for your wallet. lol

Yes. It's been throughly beaten and bruised. It's about to get a whole lot worse now. My wife actually likes the CT500!

Jelt, so which CIEM got the most attention by the most meet attendees?

I think most of us were quite stunned by the quality of the A12. It really is pretty good.

Apr 14, 2015 at 9:19 AM Post #19 of 28

Yes. It's been throughly beaten and bruised. It's about to get a whole lot worse now. My wife actually likes the CT500!

I think most of us were quite stunned by the quality of the A12. It really is pretty good.

What about 5way Ult?

Although I haven't heard Ult (I own Ref) but as I'm reading impressions relating to Ult I'm getting the feeling that some of 5way Ref's magic is gone in Ult version.

Apr 14, 2015 at 9:29 AM Post #20 of 28
  What about 5way Ult?

Although I haven't heard Ult (I own Ref) but as I'm reading impressions relating to Ult I'm getting the feeling that some of 5way Ref's magic is gone in Ult version.

I only had a cursory audition of the SE5Way Ultimate, but I was stunned by its massive soundstage. It is almost as wide and deep as that of the Roxanne/Layla, with very good imaging and instrument separation. It is also very good at resolving micro detail. Anyway, I wish I had more time to listen to them, but I was impressed enough.

Apr 15, 2015 at 12:55 PM Post #22 of 28
Most love A12, and SE5 but some were intrigued by CT500
smily_headphones1.gif
. I personally loves the A12 haha!!

What was your draw to the A12? How did it compare to the SE5?

I'm disappointed that my NT6pro wasn't represented. Would love to hear how it faired in that lineup.

Apr 15, 2015 at 1:02 PM Post #23 of 28
Can the participants post some listening impressions between the various CIEMs comparing and contrasting their virtues? Maybe awards for best - sound stage, organic sound, mids, bass, thickest note, etc? Or even each individuals top five in order of preference explaining their top pick criteria. Its rare to have that kind of lineup in one place to do comparative listening.

I know that Jelt2349 has done his part, but Jelt, did having them all in one place change any of your opinions or allow you to better rank or pick favorites?

Apr 16, 2015 at 10:20 AM Post #24 of 28
What was your draw to the A12? How did it compare to the SE5?

I'm disappointed that my NT6pro wasn't represented. Would love to hear how it faired in that lineup.

A12 I would say it is a reference sounding iem. Flat and linear for the most part but it has bass that reminds me of v8. The bass texture is done very very well. You can clearly hear the layers and detail of the bass.

Mids however is a little recessed. But has great clarity and detail. However, I won't say it is the most clear or the best mids I have heard. It sounds very smooth and cohesive.

The treble is very much smoother as compared to the V6S which I actually felt was on the borderline sibilant but there wasn't any in the A12.

Soundstage it's not the most fantastic. In fact I will rank it as being similar to the v6S. However, what makes the A12 special is its ultra detailness and layering of the sound. Seperation of instruments is just phenomenal. Everything that is in the sound can be heard effortlessly.

This was based on my demo with the custom A12, the fit on me was almost perfect so I'm pretty sure this will be quite accurate however to be sure I will wait for my own custom to arrive to elaborate more.

Now on to SE5, the SE5 sound signature is totally different to the A12, particularly it has less bass. The sound though can be said to be reference sounding but I will say that it is a little more energetic as compared to A12.

The winning factor of the SE5 however was its soundstage. Oh my it is one of the biggest I have heard. Even though the soundstage is huge, the sound wasn't diffused or messy instead it was able to keep a rather focussed but still airy sound. Mids remains fun and energetic with great details.

That's what I feel about both of them during my demo:)

Apr 16, 2015 at 10:23 AM Post #25 of 28
Oh I pretty liked the NT6P when I demoed it, however I was attracted to the cleartunes midway through so I went with both models of the cleartunes :)

Apr 16, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #26 of 28
What was the difference you heard between the nt6pro and the clear tunes that made you prefer the clear Tunes?

Apr 16, 2015 at 8:52 PM Post #27 of 28
Can the participants post some listening impressions between the various CIEMs comparing and contrasting their virtues? Maybe awards for best - sound stage, organic sound, mids, bass, thickest note, etc? Or even each individuals top five in order of preference explaining their top pick criteria. Its rare to have that kind of lineup in one place to do comparative listening.

I know that Jelt2349 has done his part, but Jelt, did having them all in one place change any of your opinions or allow you to better rank or pick favorites?

I am working on a full shootout now; one thing which is really clear at this point is that they have different strengths. ZzmadzZ does a good job detailing some of them above.

Apr 17, 2015 at 5:55 AM Post #28 of 28
What was the difference you heard between the nt6pro and the clear tunes that made you prefer the clear Tunes?

Ok for one, i felt that Cleartune's mids was more smooth and less fatiguing as compared to the NT6P. NT6P has mids that is very forward and energetic and the clarity is similar to cleartune's, In fact, i would say the NT6P is brighter then the Shures 846.

Bass wise both are similar too with punchy and authoritative hits. 

Soundstage wise, NT6P is definitely taller and wider then CT500, however it lacks the special layering and holographic effect of the CT500. CT500's and 6E's sound stage is more unique and its depth is phenomenal and it sorta envelopes you in all direction.

NT6P's soundstage however is airier and more of a in your face type of presentation. Its no doubt good but i will sort of prefer the cleartunes presentation.

That said i love the NT6P alot too from my previous demo haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back