*** Simultaneously using X-fi and onboard? ***
Jun 30, 2008 at 11:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Fetou

100+ Head-Fier
I am going to be using the soundblaster digital i/o module through the flexijack on my X-Fi XtremeMusic to use an optical out to go to my amp/DAC combo.

However, the flexijack in nature acts as the digital out mentioned above OR the microphone port. I use the microphone and the headphones when doing competitive gaming. Is there any way to enable my HD audio controller to do mic only? Is there any problem with having both of them enabled? I need to find a way to use the digital out AND a microphone at the same time. Thanks.

Jul 1, 2008 at 7:21 AM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fetou /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am going to be using the soundblaster digital i/o module through the flexijack on my X-Fi XtremeMusic to use an optical out to go to my amp/DAC combo.

However, the flexijack in nature acts as the digital out mentioned above OR the microphone port. I use the microphone and the headphones when doing competitive gaming. Is there any way to enable my HD audio controller to do mic only? Is there any problem with having both of them enabled? I need to find a way to use the digital out AND a microphone at the same time. Thanks.

go to control panel-->sounds and audio devices-->audio tab....from there, choose your HD controller in sound recording default device...done..
wink.gif

Jul 1, 2008 at 9:04 AM Post #3 of 4
Well it depends how you're communicating with the other people. Is it through the game, or a secondary program? If its the former, then you'll likely have a problem (I'm doubtful that most games will allow you to use two different sound cards). If its the latter it shouldn't be an issue.

Jul 1, 2008 at 12:19 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkswordsman17 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well it depends how you're communicating with the other people. Is it through the game, or a secondary program? If its the former, then you'll likely have a problem (I'm doubtful that most games will allow you to use two different sound cards). If its the latter it shouldn't be an issue.

Cool. In game doesn't matter, just need ventrilo to work :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back