Simply too bizarre!
Sep 26, 2006 at 2:42 AM Post #16 of 24
I've developed a theory that Japan is really just making these TV shows to mess with us.

And redshifter, I would seriously sit down and write the publisher a letter explaining the English word "sunshine" and its various connotations.

Sep 26, 2006 at 3:01 AM Post #17 of 24
Jason Alexander is big in Japan.

"Raja Mo"
Suntory Whiskey Time beeyotches!!!!

Sep 26, 2006 at 3:43 AM Post #18 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Born2bwire
I've developed a theory that Japan is really just making these TV shows to mess with us.

And redshifter, I would seriously sit down and write the publisher a letter explaining the English word "sunshine" and its various connotations.

b2b,
as in "sunshine units"?

the odd thing is, there are other lessons that are relatively normal in it. every time i read that story (especially the part about the narrator running home to get the little girl's red ribbon before she dies of radiation sickness) it makes me a bit sad. you'ld never see a language lesson like that approved in usa.
eek.gif

Sep 26, 2006 at 4:37 AM Post #21 of 24
LOL, well actually they missed the boat, around here the proper response to a man coming up to you and threatening you with a knife involves S&W. The scariest part for me was when they started with the "It's your fault this happened." It made me think my wife was involved in the scripting...
biggrin.gif

Sep 26, 2006 at 5:36 AM Post #22 of 24
HOORAY!

I FINALLY found the work out tape I have been looking for. I get to check out cute Asian girls, learn to speak English the "proper" way and also get my daily work out done!

I am so excited. I am so excited. I am so excited. (flaps hands up and down)
I am so smart now. I am so smart now. I am so smart now. (pushed "rewind" on vcr)

Can't wait till my next lesson! Yay!!!

Sep 27, 2006 at 1:51 AM Post #24 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter
b2b,
as in "sunshine units"?

the odd thing is, there are other lessons that are relatively normal in it. every time i read that story (especially the part about the narrator running home to get the little girl's red ribbon before she dies of radiation sickness) it makes me a bit sad. you'ld never see a language lesson like that approved in usa.
eek.gif

/me wiki's "sunshine units." Reading... That doesn't sound very happy sunshiney to me either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back