Simple question - do the Shure E2/E3C's have a shirt clip?
Feb 23, 2005 at 2:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Superbaldguy

1000+ Head-Fier
I may be in the market for new IEM's after selling my ER-4P's, but I'd want to retain that handy shirt alligator clip. I can't find this out by looking at the pics nor specs.

What's the deal?

Feb 23, 2005 at 2:47 PM Post #2 of 15
I don't believe they do, at least mine didn't. However, I went to radioshack and picked up two for $1 each. It's not really a factor that would sway me away from them.

Feb 23, 2005 at 7:16 PM Post #4 of 15
Any issues using the E2/E3's for walking? (sounds like the microphonics are not as much a problem as it was with the Etys)

Feb 23, 2005 at 7:20 PM Post #5 of 15
no issues here with the e2 while walking. although i like to wear mine underneath my jacket, so the cable gets caught on the zipper sometimes, don't know if this makes sense. in terms of microphonics it's not as bad as the ex51 i used to have.

Feb 23, 2005 at 7:41 PM Post #6 of 15
I have the e3s, and a little problem with microphonics while walking, but its not major. I run the cord down my back and really don't hear much unless I'm walking. Even then, my footsteps are that loud. Maybe I'm just catlike, tho
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 23, 2005 at 8:13 PM Post #7 of 15
Some kind of cable-fastening is desirable; not because of the microphonics but because the wires on the Shure E2/E3 are rather stiff; if it move, the phone in your ear moves, breaking the seal or at least making you conscious of the thing.
I often put the Y-piece in my shirt for that reason.

Feb 23, 2005 at 8:48 PM Post #8 of 15
Agreed. I like the Ety clip not for its microphonics-mitigating effect, but rather its capacity to keep the chord from falling around front if I lean over...or, getting hung up and yanking my ear canals out when I turn my head. The clip is perfect for clipping on the back part of a t-shirt collar, and running the cable down the back.

I don't see how it could be of use with any of the Shures however, because the half-ring won't clip on any of the Shure crossover pieces as far as I can tell. I rigged one up for my Westones by using a company ID clip.

Feb 24, 2005 at 12:30 AM Post #10 of 15
I have a pair of the Er6i's and the E2c's, the Shure's don't have a clip, but I think that would make things easier as the cord is thick and heavy. I haven't noticed much as far as microphonics from the Shure's though. Rdio Crap for a clip sounds like a plan... I think I might go do that later today if I have time.
etysmile.gif

Feb 24, 2005 at 12:51 AM Post #11 of 15
I have no problems with the E2c in terms of needing a clip for either microphonics or stress relief. The over-the-ear design keeps it snug. The only microphonics I ever get are my own voice and the sound of my feet!

Feb 24, 2005 at 12:46 PM Post #12 of 15
What about insertion of the earpieces with glasses? Since they drape over the ear lobe, I'd think you'd need to remove your specs, first, or insert the phones, then put on your glasses. Seems like a bit of a painful procedure. The Etys stick out and pose no problems with glasses.

Maybe I should look at the ER6i's.

Feb 24, 2005 at 2:10 PM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Superbaldguy
What about insertion of the earpieces with glasses?

I've had no problems with my glasses and inserting E2Cs. I guess we're at an advantage with over the ear designs, being used to having something perched on top of our ears.

I have once pulled my glasses off accidently when removing the E2Cs quickly.

Feb 24, 2005 at 3:43 PM Post #14 of 15
labrat
Quote:

So I found a clip on a damaged Nokia hands-free-set, with a little trim on the cable-grip it holds the E3-cable perfectly!

Which flavor of Nokia hands-free set?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back