Simple EQ software
Apr 16, 2013 at 5:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

DreadKill

New Head-Fier
Hello. I know this dosent count as hardware, but i couldn't find a software section. I am looking for a simple visual EQ software to use. I have a Fioo E10 I use that's plugged into my computers USB, and my sound cards EQ dosent work for it for some reason. All im looking for is a very basic one, preferable with a few presets in it. I do know that audio players have an EQ in it, but I would  like to have one i can use for the whole computer, like if im watching youtube and what not.

On a nother note, if anyone knows how to get my already existing EQ to actualy work with the USB audio, that would be great too. its the "realtek HD audio manager."

Apr 16, 2013 at 6:02 PM Post #2 of 4
You can't make a different soundcard's EQ work with another audio source, it's limited to only that source. If you want to use Realtek EQ, you have to use Realtek output. 

The only somewhat simple way of a system-wide EQ at the moment would be http://sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo/

Alternatively you would have to run a VST EQ with a VST host program (not as convenient).

Then the 3rd option is buying a hardware EQ. That's pretty much your options.

Apr 16, 2013 at 7:10 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
All im looking for is a very basic one, preferable with a few presets in it. I do know that audio players have an EQ in it, but I would  like to have one i can use for the whole computer, like if im watching youtube and what not.

You're in luck - there's another thread started yesterday that announces just what you're asking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back