Simple Amp for Mac Mini???
Nov 24, 2020 at 1:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Dn2292

New Head-Fier
My simple setup already in use is just Beyer DT-770M’s and Shure 425 iem’s.

I just purchased a new Mac mini for the office(naturally before the m1 release) and need better speaker setup for it, I have old rebuilt infinity bookcase speakers that I want to run the desktop sound through.

How can I accomplish this and still do this without buying a $500 new amp? I would like to go(gasp) older, perhaps put it on the bottom shelf of a book case near the desk, my modem and router are on top of said bookcase. So lines will be easy to route.

What vernacular would I search for? I dont know anything! So any help is greatly appreciated 😉😬🤦 want to run my infinity speakers, let’s say 30W and leave my cans plugged in would be nice. For $100 or there abouts!?!?!?!? Possible????plausible????

What site could I learn and read up on? Would be nice to buy something soon .
will be stepping up to the next up Beyer cans eventually, closed-back again. So will need more power and a dac for sure.

So what say you?
😊👍

Nov 24, 2020 at 5:36 PM Post #2 of 4
dac will be added later, I suppose I am putting a limit that is too stringent. I thought I could scrounge up an older unit for a few bucks....but perhaps this is not possible?

Jan 1, 2021 at 2:38 AM Post #4 of 4
so I apologize for being a maroon but does vintage equipment negate a good streaming service? I am new to the hifi world hence no music collection and a service makes sense for me. Buying a vintage integrated amp seems to be the way to go for my new computer setup? Will put out the power to run the speakers (50-60w per channel) and my Beyer cans? and be clean enough for my Shure items?? IDK!!!?!? 770 Beyers and Shure 425's are what I listen to daily right now.

need next "building block" in office for my audio setup for everything from zoom meetings to HP plug-ins for music at night when wife is sleeping and I am sipping my scotch :)

I am not looking for B&W or Focal audiophile level yet (I do however miss my B&W speakers....freaking pandemic) just "old school quality" to build upon :)

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back