Simon & Garfunkel: Old Friends Live on Stage
Dec 1, 2004 at 2:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Talonz

500+ Head-Fier
Who else is excited for this album?

I err... happened to come across a copy, and let me tell you.. the performance of The Boxer is absolutely AMAZING. I've listened to it a few times already and it gives me chills down my spine every time. Yes, it's that good!

Just wanted to share my experience
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 1, 2004 at 10:24 PM Post #3 of 6
Mine is on order...I'm wondering how much longer until I get it.

I saw the second stop on that tour in Detroit, and it was the most amazing concert for accoustics and sound quality that I've ever heard. I'll have to check and see where the various cuts were recorded.

Dec 2, 2004 at 6:03 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by elrod-tom
Mine is on order...I'm wondering how much longer until I get it.

I saw the second stop on that tour in Detroit, and it was the most amazing concert for accoustics and sound quality that I've ever heard. I'll have to check and see where the various cuts were recorded.

ET, did you also order the dvd? As you might remember, as a lifelong Simon and Garfunkel fan, I was terribly disappointed when their tour was scheduled to hit Detroit two days after I was having ear surgery.
I've been waiting for this ever since the concert, and especially your comments regarding it. Mine is coming as an Xmas present from my niece who insisted that she had to be the one to buy it for me, remembering how sad I was at having to miss the concert.

JC

Dec 2, 2004 at 3:16 PM Post #5 of 6
Nightfall,

I did order the DVD, as I was interested to see the live footage as well. Mine is coming as a present as well...actually, it's a b-day present for my wife. So technically, even if it shows up tomorrow, I'll have to wait until her birthday in two weeks. Oh well...

BTW - I just found out that the CD and DVD were made over the course of several nights in NYC!! Oh well...so much for hoping to find a song or two that were done the night that I saw the concert.

I'll let you know what I think when I get to watch it...
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back