Similar amps to Valhalla 2 - advice needed!
Aug 30, 2017 at 6:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

RMarks271

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

I'm looking for some advice from the knowledgeable folk here.

I have been set for some time on buying a pair of HD600s and matching them with a valhalla 2. From the (many!) hours of reading I have done and reviews I've watched, it seems they are a dynamite combination for what I want.

The problem has been a complete lack of stores stocking the hd600 where I live - Manchester, UK. There is simply no one local - a fact confirmed by Sennheiser - who carries them.

I'm someone who loves music and am looking to get into a more refined set-up, but cannot allow myself to spend that sort of money without trying the headphones first.

This morning I got a call from a local store who had my details, excitedly telling me they are getting a shipment of HD600s tomorrow and they will put a pair aside for me to demo.

I am over the moon at finally being able to try them out, but understand that different amps (which they have kindly said they will prepare for me) will provide a different sound.

What I'm looking for if possible is an amp that closely (or not so closely if no such thing exists) matches the Valhalla 2, so that I can get an idea of the sound I'll be getting with my 'ideal' set up.

They carry: Arcam; Audio-Technica; Chord; Marantz; Pioneer; and TEAC amps.

Can anyone suggest anything that might help me in this regard? I know it's last minute, but any help will be appreciated.

Worst case scenario - I'm just happy I'll finally get to try out these cans I've been waiting for for some time!

Now, just to ignore the HD800S by the door as I walk in...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back