Simaudio Neo 280D or Teac UD503
Nov 25, 2015 at 8:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Rozeqloud

500+ Head-Fier
I started a thread a few days ago looking for a pc soundcard , got great advice , and now find 

myself torn  between 2 DACS ( And feelin like a fool....u all know the song lol ).

I was hyped over Teac UD 503 , but got a tad shy when reading some concerns about workmanship 

(Odd for Teac) , a mess in side , and recalls (Now less concerned as im  it was a firmware issue , but

if so i wonder why not just send the update out , why a recall ? ) 

I decided to sit back and wait for more info , then i found the simaudio Neo 280D 

400.00 Canuck dollars than Teac , but an insane 10 year warranty . Who gives a 10 year warranty 

That impressed me 

Specs seem similar , and i wonder what is Teacs warranty by comparison ?

These were the only 2 DACS ( at least at that price ) who met a few requirements of mine 

Asynchronous usb ( i also need to be able to use my own media software Ie JRiver or HQ player )

And DSD support (Neither here do DSD 512 ) 

This will go between my windows desktop and my home stereo 

I ve never heard of that chipset Teac uses (Knowing folks seem impressed by it ) , i have no idea what opamp 

is used in it either. I have no idea yet what Chip or opamd the 280D uses

Some further discussion and advice would be appreciated

Cheers 

Jan 30, 2016 at 12:19 PM Post #2 of 2
Wow no replies.

I had the UD503 to demo. It was better than teh 501 for sure. I did not like the 501. But it sounded "light" to me. I really dont get into measurements. I like vinyl. If I could get that full punchy vinyl sound in a DAC I would be happy. I didnt get that with the 503.

Sim Audio is all around me as I am in Canada. THey make some nice gear but its massively overpriced and they often wrap cheap stuff in a nice box so I dont demo it much.

Too bad no one has chimed in as there has to be a ton of 280D customers on here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back