Silverstone eb01 vs. Entech Number Cruncher 203.2
Sep 27, 2006 at 9:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

dkjohnso

100+ Head-Fier
Seems this question has been asked before, but not a lot of people have heard both. So, to anyone who has heard both, which is better? The Silverstone is more attractive to me because it is bus powered, but that doesn't matter if the sound is clearly inferior. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Sep 27, 2006 at 9:15 PM Post #2 of 6
the DAC "black hole" continues to grow...

sooo many comparison requests... so little answers.
Sorry, I really wish I could help (I have the 205.2, not the 203)

BUMP

Sep 27, 2006 at 9:33 PM Post #3 of 6
Hey, no worries. I didn't have high expectations for feedback since this has been asked before with not much input. My Audigy 2 NX has outlived it's usefulness: I guess I just might have to go for it.

P.S. - Anyone compared the Edirol UA-1EX to dedicated dacs like these?

Sep 28, 2006 at 1:49 AM Post #4 of 6
I have used the eb-01 for some time now (which I really like for its price) however I also just recieved a 203.2 in the mail today for the purpose of trying another inexpensive DAC. I'll post back after I've had some decent hours comparing the two, but I will say I like it and I immediately noticed the 203.3 has alot more gain (silverstones is a bit weak) and it seems maybe brighter; but as I said it is way to early to tell........

Sep 28, 2006 at 12:16 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scifiguy
I have used the eb-01 for some time now (which I really like for its price) however I also just recieved a 203.2 in the mail today for the purpose of trying another inexpensive DAC. I'll post back after I've had some decent hours comparing the two, but I will say I like it and I immediately noticed the 203.3 has alot more gain (silverstones is a bit weak) and it seems maybe brighter; but as I said it is way to early to tell........

Excellent! I can't wait to hear what you think.

Nov 29, 2006 at 10:35 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scifiguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

These two DACs are what I'm currently looking at for buying, could you (or anyone who has listened to both for that matter) give any input as to your feelings on both? Thanks so much. (Old thread, I know, but I didn't want to make a new topic on something already discussed.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back