Silver LOD ?
Mar 21, 2010 at 3:47 PM Post #2 of 8
wrong forum, this should be in the cables forum, but no sorry never used them

Mar 22, 2010 at 1:05 AM Post #4 of 8
The seller has a gold plated solid core silver cable. So want one

Mar 26, 2010 at 2:11 PM Post #5 of 8
Heh, apparently it has superior "transmibility."

If you have your amp and ipod secured together pretty well, solid core is ok. Stranded is still preferred since, as Mr Arroyo pointed out, you will be bending and twisting the cable in portable use. Then again if you are like me and change cables every month or so, you should be just fine
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 26, 2010 at 2:38 PM Post #6 of 8
Yup u will hear a difference if you were using something like Sendstation previously... but i you were using solid core coppers for example you probably won't hear too much of a difference unless you really compare every single nuance~

This seller's very good btw, my cable broke after a few days (I don't know why it just stopped working) and he sent a replacement even before I sent him the cables. The replacements have been working fine for the past month so I believe the first cable was an isolated case
L3000.gif

Mar 26, 2010 at 4:50 PM Post #7 of 8
I cant say that I have EVER had a problem with a solid core cable, provided it has suitable strain relief and isnt of stupid gauge. with low profile LODs its actually preferred since they stay in shape much better and there is zero movement either if you are worried. sure I change my cables pretty often too (as you might expect) but I still have solid core LODs that I made 3 years ago

Mar 26, 2010 at 6:45 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I cant say that I have EVER had a problem with a solid core cable, provided it has suitable strain relief and isnt of stupid gauge. with low profile LODs its actually preferred since they stay in shape much better and there is zero movement either if you are worried. sure I change my cables pretty often too (as you might expect) but I still have solid core LODs that I made 3 years ago

hehe i m waitting for your lod, jeremy
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back