Silver&Gold Iem/Ciem aftermarket cables, a debutants mini review
Sep 5, 2014 at 5:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

whoever

1000+ Head-Fier

biggrin.gif
 Crystal Cables is one of the few genuine audiophile products. it's the real deal. and the good thing about it is their entry-level cable will be almost as good as their top-ends. worth every cent.

Very Curious about Silver&gold ism cables, i was lurking around the Über Cable by tralucent, and stumbled over it's cheaper cousin, the Effect audio piccolino. 
I hope people will chime in and give their opinion about their silver&gold.

ok i'm digging an old thread up and am creating a new one.....there is no real review of the Effect Audio Crystal Piccolino Iem cable.....why?
I don't have the presumption to write a very accurate review, i'm not a technician at all. But would be great to see other opinions too! 

http://effectaudio.com/product/cc-piccolino-ultimate-iem-upgrade-cable-by-effect-audio/

Just got mine second hand yesterday. I got in touch with Effect Audio beforehand, was a bit shaky about spending so much money on a cable. They answered my questions very promptly and confirmed the cable being genuine by the warranty card number etc. So i guess a working aftermarket service, which is great to know. 

A few pictures: 

and i have to say i'm blown away by this clean sound. 

Never thought it'd provide that kind of sound. Huge Bass impact whilst with the best highs i've ever listened to. 
The sound wasn't the reason i plunged for it in the first place, the ergonomics were. This is so thin you can truly say it's portable. (2 braided)

It expands the soundstage while bringing forward every single detail, it's quite impressive. I believe i read somewhere the it has a liquid sound, and this hits the spot yes. It brings out a very very coherent image with the H8. Let's say the overall signature is much more textured in comparison to the silver (and hybrid) cable i've been listening too(see below)

The Piccolino is as thin as stock cables from most of the brands. It's stiffer, yes it's silver and gold, but yet not too much. You can wrap it around your gear when you have to take a break (hard to take a break though...truly!). Sure, you shouldn't bend it too much though. (edit: you can even wrap it around a clip zip! )

Build Quality: 10/10
Sound Quality: 10/10
Tangle effect: 9/10

I've tried a few other cables until now (With a ZX1+ Custom Art Audio Harmony 8 CIEM): 

Forza Audio works Hybrid: greatly build, but too thick for my taste for being really portable. As a lot of cables, 4th braided,  didn't really like the thickness sticking out off my pockets.  The cable signature didn't really match with the H8 in my taste. It kinda aligned the sound signature, where the H8 are built to have more a 3D sound signature. The bass was sometimes too thick and let's say trembling.....
for comparison in ergonomics:
Forza cable 

and Tralucent silver v1 : great sound, but thick and sturdy. 4th braided too.  Bass was a bit recessed (too much for me)

Would love to hear any other opinions about it

chime in! 
beerchug.gif

Sep 22, 2014 at 5:54 AM Post #3 of 6
whoever, you say that Forza cable did not pair well with Harmony. But, how would you describe "its sound signature"? In other words what features Forza cable adds to the headphones?

Sep 22, 2014 at 2:06 PM Post #4 of 6
whoever, you say that Forza cable did not pair well with Harmony. But, how would you describe "its sound signature"? In other words what features Forza cable adds to the headphones?

Since i only tried it with the H8 i'd have some trouble to describe it i think. It had a massive sound, too massive to  my taste, but yet, maybe it's only a bad pair with the H8.....It took some of the H8 airiness 

hope this helps. 

Sep 25, 2014 at 1:27 PM Post #5 of 6
  [...]

and i have to say i'm blown away by this clean sound. 

Never thought it'd provide that kind of sound. Huge Bass impact whilst with the best highs i've ever listened to. 
The sound wasn't the reason i plunged for it in the first place, the ergonomics were. This is so thin you can truly say it's portable. (2 braided)

It expands the soundstage while bringing forward every single detail, it's quite impressive. I believe i read somewhere the it has a liquid sound, and this hits the spot yes. It brings out a very very coherent image with the H8. Let's say the overall signature is much more textured in comparison to the silver (and hybrid) cable i've been listening too(see below)

The Piccolino is as thin as stock cables from most of the brands. It's stiffer, yes it's silver and gold, but yet not too much. You can wrap it around your gear when you have to take a break (hard to take a break though...truly!). Sure, you shouldn't bend it too much though. 

Build Quality: 10/10
Sound Quality: 10/10
Tangle effect: 9/10

[...]

not to mention vocals... clean indeed. My impression of the cable pretty much match yours. It's definitely a 10/10. Out of all the other cables I tried, the Piccolo seems to give the best balanced sound overall. Every cable works, even coat hangers may work, but how they works is the matter. Some cables seem to bring out the low best (often at the expense of the high), while other seem to bring out the high best (often at the expense of the low), and everything else in between. The Piccolo seems to do everything properly. It's such an essential component to the system; it just would not be the same without.

I just wanna say something about the "Huge Bass impact..." as some people may get the wrong impression. no cable is going to turn a bass lean HP (or speaker) into a bass heavy one. This is about turning a good sounding pair of speakers (or HPs) into an even better one. It's about hearing the full potential of your HP/speakers.

Sep 26, 2014 at 2:01 AM Post #6 of 6
 no cable is going to turn a bass lean HP (or speaker) into a bass heavy one. This is about turning a good sounding pair of speakers (or HPs) into an even better one. It's about hearing the full potential of your HP/speakers.

absolutely. 

Huge bass impact in a sens where the bass is so well defined that it just sits perfectly in the overall image with a much deeper impact i thought possible on a cable like that. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back