Siltech Octopus schuko power strip
Mar 18, 2009 at 12:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Patrick82

Banned
Someone wants to sell me this but I can't find anything in google about it, why is the retail price so expensive? Is there gold wiring inside?
I need a power strip without any filtering and stuff, is this good? I will replace internal wiring with Valhalla. Maybe I can build my own from wood instead?

SILTECH%20Octopus%208.jpg

Mar 18, 2009 at 8:12 AM Post #5 of 10
Its too easy to build yourself. You're going to butcher any strip you get, so might as well just buy an empty chassis and populate it yourself per your needs.

Here check these out:
Oyaide MTB Empty Chassis

Throw in an IEC inlet:
These are some nice ones.

Pick up some duplex outlets:
Here

Plug in your Valhalla and you are all set. Wire internally with Valhalla as well.

Mar 18, 2009 at 11:02 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by shaizada /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its too easy to build yourself. You're going to butcher any strip you get, so might as well just buy an empty chassis and populate it yourself per your needs.

Here check these out:
Oyaide MTB Empty Chassis

Throw in an IEC inlet:
These are some nice ones.

Pick up some duplex outlets:
Here

Plug in your Valhalla and you are all set. Wire internally with Valhalla as well.

That is for the US style outlets, I need Schuko. I already have a PS Audio JuiceBar which I have butchered, I couldn't add Schuko outlets to it because the holes on the chassis didn't match. Right now I have just an open chassis with Schuko outlets taped into it.

Mar 18, 2009 at 11:06 AM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
why is the retail price so expensive?

It's because there is a Siltech power cable attached to the input.

It won't work for me, I need IEC because I will plug in my Judge power cable to it.

Mar 20, 2009 at 9:19 PM Post #9 of 10
I think the most consequent way of power cabling is the elimination of most plugs, by using a dedicated line from the breaker box, a stove type wall receptacle that accepts bare wire with screw-in terminals and then a distribution box in which all the downstream cables are hardwired in a star-like configuration. Eliminates 50% of all interfaces and comes closest to delivering the power straight from the breaker box to the individual components.

This is of course, a rather permanent solution, better suited for audiophiles who do not experiment quite as much as Mr. Patrick here.
biggrin.gif

Mar 21, 2009 at 6:07 PM Post #10 of 10
Wonder what will happen when/if Patrick discovers BATTERY POWER?!

Laz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back