silly me... :)
Jul 9, 2001 at 1:03 AM Post #31 of 43
rickcr42: I hardly ever read anything except the newspaper these days but did read the trilogy ( plus a fourth ) many years ago and loved them. I just re-watched the movie a couple of weeks ago as well. I enjoyed it more the second time around. They were hard pressed to cram it all into a single movie....even a long movie.....should have been a 3 or 4 or 6 part mini-series.

I was thrilled that David Lynch directed the movie. I became an "Eraserhead" fanatic when it first came out 20 years ago and would take my friends to see it....just to witness their reactions. They thought I was insane. Thank goodness Lynch gained some credibility in his later work. Now my friends think I'm a visionary.

edit: I just searched the net and now realize there are a couple of more books in the series. I'd better start reading.

Jul 9, 2001 at 8:27 AM Post #32 of 43
Oh, yes, I think I read four or six Dune books, too. But Frank Herbert is not my favourite sf author - I still prefer Niven, Heinlein and Asimov...
smily_headphones1.gif

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Jul 9, 2001 at 10:31 AM Post #33 of 43
haha are you still using the earphones?
tongue.gif

Jul 9, 2001 at 9:40 PM Post #35 of 43
I've been thinking that "nasal-induction" phones, if properly equalized, might actually work.

Aren't our nasal passages and ear canals connected?

A set of "Fu Man Chu" buds could revolutionize headphone listening ! Or not.

Although if you're at all concerned about wearing headphones in public......
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 9, 2001 at 10:14 PM Post #36 of 43
Yup, the ear and nose passages are connected. Though I don't think nasal-induction plugs would be such a good idea. Just think what would happen if you sneezed all of a sudden!
eek.gif

Jul 9, 2001 at 10:21 PM Post #37 of 43
And besides, people are already scared to wear their Grados in public for fear of laughter. One would have to be very secure with themselves to wear those things about.

Jul 10, 2001 at 11:12 PM Post #40 of 43
Oh, my...
wink.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
wink.gif

Manfred / Lini

P.S.: Who knows - one day we might even have nose buds. Maybe that's why HRTF-supported headphone surround sound couldn't fully convey a proper 2d atmosphere, yet!
wink.gif

Jul 11, 2001 at 1:02 AM Post #41 of 43
HRTFs don't work in the nose, of course. You have to use SNOT functions.

Sound
Nside
Olfactory
Tunnels

biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back