silly grado mod to keep cups from rotating
Mar 5, 2009 at 4:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

geremy

100+ Head-Fier
I'm sure I am not the first to think of this, but I thought I would post it for us newbish grado owners:

So rotating cups were driving me crazy what with the twisted Y cable. I added decorative rubber bands around the cups, and then pulled them behind the plastic block and over the round pole. This prevents the cups from swiveling but still allows them to lay flat.

This was also a good solution to keep the blocks from sliding upwards. I need the headband on it's smallest size. If I needed it to be larger, I would just add zip ties underneath the block, and still loop the rubber band over the top.

I used green temporarily for the photos. I have black rubber bands that are almost completely un-noticeable.

Pics (sorry about the crappy iphone camera).
3330253618_1b2b8f072f_b.jpg

3330253634_30d9e882c9_b.jpg

Mar 5, 2009 at 5:27 AM Post #2 of 5
You should take a look at the thumbscrew mod.

And Grado should definitely look into adding HP1000 style thumbscrews to everything. I wouldn't care how much extra it would cost.

Mar 5, 2009 at 5:31 AM Post #3 of 5
I am aware of the thumbscrew mod, but that takes a lot more effort and is permanent, also, I don't believe it allows the cups to swivel flat as easily (important for neck wearing and packing).

Mar 5, 2009 at 7:40 AM Post #5 of 5
haha awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back