Silicone CIEM choices (poll)
Jun 1, 2016 at 2:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

SickDelicious

New Head-Fier
Looking at Sensaphonics 2X-S, Spiral Ear 2-Way Pro, Spiral Ear 3-Way Reference, and CustomArt Music2.

If anyone can provide personal experience with any of the models i mentioned, I would appreciate it. I have read the "amateur" review of the Music2 (by zebRAW), the review of the SE 3 way (by joker), and another review comparing UE10 and 2X-S as well as some other short reviews of the 2X-S. I'm just trying to gather more information.

I listen to some rap, some hip-hop, Pop, Jpop, Jrock, some Kpop, and a very few songs from other genres.

I used to focus mainly on bass response, but I think this is not the case anymore. I used to think that the SE215 sounded amazing. They now sound not as clear as I would prefer and a little too bassy. I have recently been using the Piston 3, portapro, and ath-m50x. I am not really looking for a complement to this collection, but something that maybe sounds similar to any one of the three.

The only memorable statement that I have read so far was in joker's review, if I recall correctly, where joker writes something along the lines of the SE 3's bass response being really good when it's called for, and not overwhelming when it's not called for...

The most important thing to me is definitely isolation and being able to be active without the seal breaking. I was thinking about UE, because I read that they get a really good fit, leading to really good seal, isolation, etc. I have also heard that silicone is better for isolation and maintaining a seal, and then i've also heard that there is not really a difference between the two materials, given a really good fit...

Anyway, thanks in advance for replies or even just reading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back