silent & noise on left side of Beat Tour but work with iPhone, normal ?
Mar 8, 2012 at 7:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

lerio

500+ Head-Fier
Hi, is it due to the control talk system (with the special jack made for using with a mic) who make this IEM compatible only with a iPhone and not for Sansa clip or other mp3 player ? he work fine with my iPhone 4, or he's defective..

Thank's

Mar 8, 2012 at 7:54 AM Post #3 of 18
In fact if i move the jack the sound come and go, but not on the iPhone

Mar 11, 2012 at 7:06 AM Post #5 of 18
A bump just in case a Beat Tour owner can read that .

Mar 11, 2012 at 3:55 PM Post #8 of 18
Are you referring to your earphones as he? If you look at headphones that dont have a mic, they have 2 rings on the connector, the ones with a mic have 3 rings. 

Mar 11, 2012 at 4:04 PM Post #9 of 18
The problem most likely has to do with the 3 pronged jack conversion to 4 pronged giving you problems.  So technically, any headphone with a mic can cause this problem. 

Mar 11, 2012 at 6:18 PM Post #10 of 18

Quote:
I don't really understand the question here. Clarify?

I have a problem with my new Beat Tour headphone with mic, he work fine on iPhone but with Sansa clip player or other mp3 player i have problem with sound on left side (silent or kind of noise) i wonder if it's due to the fact that he have 3 rings connector on the jack or if he's defective.

Other IEM with mic have this problem to listen music on mp3 player rather then on cell phone ?

Mar 12, 2012 at 12:07 AM Post #11 of 18

Quote:
I have a problem with my new Beat Tour headphone with mic, he work fine on iPhone but with Sansa clip player or other mp3 player i have problem with sound on left side (silent or kind of noise) i wonder if it's due to the fact that he have 3 rings connector on the jack or if he's defective.

Other IEM with mic have this problem to listen music on mp3 player rather then on cell phone ?

Yes, other IEMs will have this problem too. 

Mar 12, 2012 at 12:13 AM Post #12 of 18

Quote:

A lot will.  It deals with the wiring setup in the headphone jack.  Instead of having left right ground mic, some just have left right ground.  This can cause problems at times I guess.  All phones have the 4 pole (left right ground mic) and current generation iPods have it as well for sure.  That's all I really know though.

Mar 12, 2012 at 5:37 AM Post #14 of 18
Thank's for you answer so
smile.gif

Mar 12, 2012 at 6:52 AM Post #15 of 18

Quote:
To be honest, you won't find many beats owners here. Most head-fiers are anti beats and bose. So good luck anyway. 

Why ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back