Sik Din source in Canada?
Oct 8, 2004 at 3:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

guppi

100+ Head-Fier
Anybody know of a source for getting the Sik Din in Canada?
Ordering from the US tends to get ridiculous expensive with shipping, handling, duty and all.

Oct 8, 2004 at 4:42 AM Post #2 of 9
I'm looking to get one too.

The only problem is that the shipping puts me off.
Can you believe the cheapest shipping option to Canada for those things is $15.50 or something? The thing is tiny. Obviously I'd like to save money, but getting ripped off is what makes me not buy the thing.

I've had fairly big boxes shipped to me from the US for $10.

Oct 8, 2004 at 2:01 PM Post #4 of 9
Have you tried posting a WTB in the accessories for sale forums? Maybe someone will sell it to you used (for less money, and less shipping...)

Oct 8, 2004 at 4:39 PM Post #5 of 9
Yeah,

I've been trying for a while now. No one is selling a Sik Din in these forums.
I might have to eventually shell out for one from the US.

It'll be ugly. Around 36 with shipping + more for customs.

Oct 8, 2004 at 6:00 PM Post #6 of 9
I sent an email to Sik asking if they would do normal USPS shipping as well to avoid insane brokerage fee (which you get with UPS and also EMS).
No answer yet. But I will let you know if and what they reply.

Oct 8, 2004 at 10:09 PM Post #8 of 9
Turns out it is. Here is their answer:
"We can ship via USPS Global Priority Mail (GPM) which will cost US$8 and usually take 4-6 days to arrive. After placing your order online (select Express Mail shipping option) you can email us your order number and request shipping via GPM. We will then make the adjustment and send you an updated invoice. Please note that because there is no tracking you will need to assume responsibility for a lost shipment (not very common, but it does happen.)"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back