Sijosaes Simple ClassAB on protoboard - Could you check my layout
Apr 22, 2007 at 6:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

sphinxllama

New Head-Fier
Hello diyers,

Since I have two more weeks from college of, I want to build a portable solution for my headphones. So I already got a cmoy but want to build a Sijosaes amp.

I just wanted to ask if you could check my layout. It is from Sijosaes Simple ClassAB amp.

Link from Sijosaes amp is HIER.

My layout looks like that:
sijosaeqs0.jpg

To match the hFE values from the transistors used I use this circuit from Sijosae HERE.
Especially the transistors from the current must be match, like I got told.

Here is my layout from the PairmanII:
pairmanse0.jpg

What do you think, will both protoboard layouts work?

Thanks for checking.
kim

Apr 23, 2007 at 3:04 AM Post #2 of 5
Has no short circuit protection say 4.7 ohm resisters on the outputs.
Check for dc offset on source circuit has no input caps.
I would recommend something else for the rail splitter opa551,buf634 etc
If you are going to power from single 9volt change the 2k bias resistors to lower value say 1.4K to 1.6K. you want roughly 3 mA for bias current

and have fun its a good amp

picture30zb3.jpg

3channel config

Apr 23, 2007 at 9:46 AM Post #3 of 5
@heatmizer

thought about using buf634 for the rail splitter but the buf634 is hard to get here. I would have to mailorder it from digikey or so and that is really expensive. also found a rail splitter on tangentsoft.net (HERE) with a TLE2426 but it is the same problem. think the easiest would be to use the resistor divider like in my cmoy but thought that sojaese configuration would be better if the hFE values are matched closly.

the short circuit protection resisters on the outputs look like that?:
101jj3.jpg

just putting the resistor from output to ground?

Quote:

Check for dc offset on source circuit has no input caps.

should I use some caps to go from input to where???

Apr 23, 2007 at 2:40 PM Post #4 of 5
Apr 23, 2007 at 10:29 PM Post #5 of 5
hi,

spent some time on gathering information about rail splitter and also about buffers. having not a lot of knowledge about electronics I understood only few things but what I figured out is, that I should use this
attachment1fb108mj8.jpg

(it is from the headfier thedoctor posted in this thread HERE #39) as a rail splitter with the ic as a groundchannel, right?

i am going to post a layout tomorrow. I think that is the easiest way, so I can build the amp exactly like the layout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back